Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

AR's are flying off the shelf!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member

Re: AR's are flying off the shelf!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
So whats the figures of privately own AR's now, up about what 5million in a week. The fire arms industry thanks you Barry.
The govrnment thanks you too.

Thats a lot of metal that will be melted down when the BATFE comes to get 'em after they become illegal to posess. Don't ever think the government will give you market value when they confiscate your registered but illegal rifle because they won't. It will be your 'Patriotic Duty' to surrender it.....

No issue here, I never owned one. Don't want to.

I do have about 3000 .223 rounds in various bullets including light armor piercing plus an equal amount of brass and components that I'd sell for the right price.......
Old 12-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Platinum Member

I don't have one either, just never had much reason to buy one. I'm not even going down that other road.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 12-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Platinum Member

Being a life member of th NRA, I'm on their e-mail updates so I watched Wayne's speech in it's entirety. While his ideas have merit, I don't see what he suggests (armed protection in schools like is present in government buildings) as something the government would consider implementing as a stand-alone measure to curb the violence. Maybe in addition to, but not alone.....

The underlying premise is they want firearms out of the hands of citizens, law biding or not and this is a great vehicle to begin that push for removal.... I'm reasonably sure Holder and his henchmen are getting plenty of wood lately.....

At least in one respect, we, as a group are in a better position than most firearm owners because hunting long guns are 'off the radar' as far as the government is concerned for now. I'm sure it won't last.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Platinum Member

I feel that all the 'chest beating' and all the postulation by firearm owners will do nothing to sway any government mandate of legislation, in fact, some of the 'postulation' on the part of firearm owners adversely impacts the voting public.

Keep one thing in mind and that is the current administration is a 'lame duck' administration so they are going to push their agenda's because they won't be around another election cycle. Obama, Holder, Geitner, Hillary (if she lasts that long) will be swept out and new appointees will be installed (hopefully better than the current ones....hopefully). Meanwhile, the damage will be inflicted, legislation and laws will be in place and you and I as American Citizens will comply.....
Old 12-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
I feel that all the 'chest beating' and all the postulation by firearm owners will do nothing to sway any government mandate of legislation, in fact, some of the 'postulation' on the part of firearm owners adversely impacts the voting public.

Keep one thing in mind and that is the current administration is a 'lame duck' administration so they are going to push their agenda's because they won't be around another election cycle. Obama, Holder, Geitner, Hillary (if she lasts that long) will be swept out and new appointees will be installed (hopefully better than the current ones....hopefully). Meanwhile, the damage will be inflicted, legislation and laws will be in place and you and I as American Citizens will comply.....
So you are saying you will just hand over your weapons? I guess your rights and freedoms go right along with them.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member

Well the way I look at it in the short term is a good way to make a profit. Have a couple of extra NIB Colts that are the ones that everyone wants. One has not even been on Gun Broker for over a month the new 308. May just have to work up the courage and go to a LGS but don't want to fight the mob!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Silver Member

Maybe im in a miss understanding but seems some are being sheeple and will just lie down and get walked over giving in, some apparently need to get the F#@$% out of this country and go live were others dont mind geting stomped on!!!
For those of use having no intrest in the black gun type fine, but remember this there never happy with what they get, once they get them there on to the next!! they wont take the shirt off your back, theyll take a sleeve then the next then slowly unravel from the top!!