Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

AR's are flying off the shelf!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member

Re: AR's are flying off the shelf!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2 slam View Post
People here are emailing Dick's saying they are boycotting them because of their decision to take AR's off their shelves. I'm sure that probably true everywhere.

I did, removed myself from their mailing list yesterday & my comments were to that effect as well. piss on 'em, I won't be back.

t

Old 12-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Silver Member

+1 I emailed them also. I will no longer purchase any items from Dick's store or off their web site.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Platinum Member

I was out checking the city out building today and remembered I needed some powder n primers so i stopped in my favorite gun shop owned by 2 brothers, they where out, said the where selling them to folks from Oregon to N.Dakota. I had to chuckle, Havre is 100mi from the nearest interstate. They said people wanted to run back and forth between stored and dicker prices, they'd end up with empty hands. Meh I have plenty of primers, powder and bullets just by nature of fiddling with one load or another.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 12-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Silver Member

I also bought my mp this week after spending 12 hours looking for any ar better than the Bush composite. Everyone I told I sent an email to ducks saying ill never shop there again said i was overreacting. I didn't think so they had 15 in back and couldn't sell them cause of corporate bs. Glad to see more people feel the same as me.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:44 AM
Platinum Member

A buddy of mine who owns a tactical store had just got in 40 AR's not to mention his current stock of different AR's and Hi Cap mags. They are all gone, nothing left in his store or any other store in my city!

Ammo also flying out the door! Talk about panic!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Academy View Post
A buddy of mine who owns a tactical store had just got in 40 AR's not to mention his current stock of different AR's and Hi Cap mags. They are all gone, nothing left in his store or any other store in my city!

Ammo also flying out the door! Talk about panic!

That's what I've seen & read everywhere... so much for gun control! The Homey in Chief has effectively DOUBLED the amount of Military styled sporting rifles out there. Not that it hurts my feelings any

t

Old 12-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Platinum Member

So whats the figures of privately own AR's now, up about what 5million in a week. The fire arms industry thanks you Barry.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe