Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Anyone here about this one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 01:34 AM
Silver Member

Re: Anyone here about this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Media Quiet About San Antonio Theater Shooting

On Sunday December 16, 2012, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his ex-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater.

The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It's like the Aurora, CO theater story plus a restaurant!

Now aren't you wondering why this isn't a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting?

There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. SHE pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened.

Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week. Just thought you'd like to know

Source:
Two wounded in theater shooting - San Antonio Express-News

I did catch that one Broz...... Ya know its funny how these events that show the good guys with a gun stoping what could be another mass murder, never see the light of day. There are people who use there weapons everyday to protect themselves and there family but ya never here any of those storys either.

Heres a couple more ya may not have seen...
Rep. Introduces Bill to Repeal Presidential Term Limits

And another that may be good for us, by of all people....... Harry Reid...

Gun Advocates Celebrate 'Secret' Obamacare Provision Forbidding Exec Order To Regulate Guns And Ammo - Forbes

It all just pisses me off......the way they are trying to turn law abiding gun owners into criminals because of their "fear".

Fine....some people choose not to own an AR-15....but it damn sure aint up to them if I choose to own one or not........... Bad part is I was considerin selling mine to get into a Nightforce......now their forcing me to keep it

The 2nd Amendment......America's original Homeland Security.

Ethan Parke........roped the deer in 1953. Put tags in his ears turned him loose then shot him in 1955. Always liked this pic
The story was told to me by his wife who owned the little motel we stayed at on a deer hunt in Malta Idaho about 17 years ago...... Youll never see that again. Just a cool pic of Idaho deer huntin history

Last edited by IdahoRedneck; 01-12-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Anyone here about this one?

What the mainstream media is doing with the gun control issue is no different from what they have been doing for quite some time. It is a very sophisticated form of propaganda. They and the current far left government are in collusion with a specific ideology, much broader than just gun control, and it isnt what we recognize as American. This was obvious during the presidential election, the Begazi incident, and it will happen in spades with the gun control issue. 60+ million of us have a powerful voice n this country, and what is amazing to me is that only a tiny fraction belongs to the NRA, or any other advocate. Unless we let it be heard it won't matter how this whole current gun control issue lands, 20 years from now, guns will be an oddity of a primitive culture as will the American way of life. IMHO.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt