Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

anti-gun politics at my son's school.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Bronze Member

Re: anti-gun politics at my son\'s school.

posted 02-01-2003 09:20 AM Profile for Tim Behle Email Tim Behle Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Scott,

Terre Haute has a few liberal ideas springing out of ISU from time to time, but it is by large a very hunting oriented area. Speak to a few of the people from different hunting groups in the area. With their involvement, by this time next year, the gun control talks at school may very well be given by Eddie Eagle.

--------------------

"If I can kill that coyote from here, Will you walk out to get him?"

Terre Haute is primarly democrat locally, the mayor, sheriff, county comissioners have been democrats for many years...
but our county voted bush in, so there is hope... our county is one of the only counties in the past 30 years to vote in every president...

Correct, this is a heavy hunting loved place, but they still keep voting democrat... I am not the most educated, but geez.. they don't get it.
it is worse 7 miles from us in Illionois, just hear on chicago radio today liberal Mayor Daily is starting up 7 differnt SERIOUS gun LAWS, "since no one in Springfield is there to stop it now!", was more or less the words from his mouth.. TOTAL bans Semi auto's, handguns and such..
So I guess I shouldn't complain too much.. but the fight goes on everywere.

scott
Old 02-13-2003, 06:49 PM
Bronze Member

posted 02-01-2003 12:37 AM Profile for Darryl Cassel Email Darryl Cassel Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Possibly a letter to the Local School Board and a copy to the State Board of Education would be in order?

Just tell them of your dis-satisfaction of this very Political event and name the Teacher or School Official resposible for allowing this to happen. Tell them of your displeasure along with others that were there in attendance.

It can be stopped with other measures such as Editorials in local papers and attending meetings of the Local School Board to voice your opinions.
Take along other parents that feel the same as you and also have them sign a petition pertaining to the incident.

You can fight it and possibly make a difference in your area.

Darryl Cassel

Good idea Darryl, I thought about going to the school board meeting, I thought abut staying and voicing my opinion... the deputy probably would kick me out... for just a civil opinion... the newspapers hee lean to the left. so does school board
I just left.. I am not good at all that explaining.. I don't get foul mouthed, but I can get extreme in context ..., I'd just piss em off, remember Rich MulHern at the huntchat "longrange shooting" board.. and his buddies..
hehe

I do belong to a local republican party here, and explained it to them...
More and more people are joining the group, and a bunch of them are good with words. so I'm working on it.. I seem to be the only one who brings the 2nd amendment up most often... but the others are of it as well as the other GOP issues.... it will take time...
I'll keep you posted on it...

later

Scott Donham
Old 02-14-2003, 10:29 AM
SPONSOR

As a full time high school teacher maybe I can offer you a little useful advice. If you don't like it, raise a stink. Call the administration, write a letter to editor of the local paper. Get a couple other parents that agree with your views to call the school. Raise a little little hell at the next school board meeting and PTA meeting. Guarantee you'll get results. Nothing gets administrators attention faster than a verbal P.O.'ed parent. Hey, the liberal, limp wristed, anti God crowd have been doing for years and it works. Make your voice heard, make a difference.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:14 PM

Re: anti-gun politics at my son's school.

As an educator and former administrators, the anti gun anti hunting educators irks me. Seventeen years ago, I used the NRA program Eddie Eagle in my special education class with permission of the school administrator. Fellow teachers complained that I was teaching pro gun by “Stop; don’t touch; leave the area; tell an adult.” Because it was a NRA program, they complained to the administrator and she stopped the program by not giving permission for any further lessons on gun safety. The superintendent does not allow frog dissection because he deems it cruel to animals and is anti hunting. Biology students watch a video instead. He prides himself on his Gun Free Schools. It is time that we attend Board of Education meetings, question the board member, question the text books that state the second amendment refers to the National Guard, and most important run people for school board who support The Constitution and not the anti gun anti hunting agendas.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Silver Member

Hold on to your hats for this one!

I'm a lieutenant for the Sheriff's Office in my town, a very large town in the south I might add. One of my sergeants went to visit his daughter for lunch one day last month and the principal asked him if he could leave his gun outside because it might "scare the kids"!!!!

Luckily he refused and told her that there was no policy requiring that and went to see his daughter. He called me in the mean time in the event she called to complain. After I took a few deep breaths I told him under no circumstance is he to EVER remove his gun while in uniform! He agreed and was just looking for reassurance. I had to take a walk after that one!!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:27 PM

My kind of deputy serving and protecting, and involved with his child at school.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Silver Member

Smithcha you are exactly right! It is also a perfect lesson in what has happened to this morally bankrupt world. There are still a ton of good honest hardworking people out there, but the government dependent fools are growing in number everyday.

In dealing with the public for a living it can be scary to see how some of these people think! Sacrificing personal independence for assistance from the govt is now becoming a way of life that im afraid wont change until we reach the bottom. I still think that there are enough good ones out there to rebuild the American way of life when that happens!