Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Another attempt at gun control by Bank of America

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member

Another attempt at gun control by Bank of America

I know that this is America and we all have choices (well, therotically) but WHY would any gun owner do business with these guys? Man, it is beyond me............

Randy

Bank of America Freezes Gun Manufacturer's Account, Company Owner Claims | CNS News

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 01-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Silver Member

Re: Another attempt at gun control by Bank of America

un F"n believable!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Platinum Member

Nah! Certainly believable. As it happened.

It's too bad that the original founder of the predecessor to BoA had a great idea and an appropriate name for is organization. However once up and running the "dark side" took over and changed the name.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Silver Member

Then everyone needs to close their accounts with them.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Gold Member

It's clear to me that B of A has an internal culture of exerting pressure on the those affiliated with the firearms industry. For local managers, bullying gun affiliated businesses is just another way to move up inside the company. If every average Joe knows this, it surprises me that those in the "business" still continue to do business and funnel investment income through them. Frankly, I don't know why any gun owner does business with them. Moving your money from one institution who doesn't want your business to another who does, is the easiest thing in the world. It's to bad this American Spirit Arms guy had to deal with this but he had to know it was a possibility given B of A's anti-gun history.

Get a clue. If Bank of America doesn't want your money, give 'em what they want.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member

BofA has always been like that, my folks tried to get me to open an account with them years ago because they got such a good deal with em, funny now that they've closed up the shop and retired the moved everything over to the local Credit Union. BofA, Wells Fargo are by far the worst banking institutions in America.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe