Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Affording Health Care and Firearms Ownership

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Affording Health Care and Firearms Ownership

Passing unread bills in the middle of the night! For or against the end product, for or against this President. This is the kind of politics that should frighten everyone! The Republicans just ran the dumbest campaign I've seen. Instead of cutting each other up an empty podium (or full if President Obama wished to attend) should have been present, and the policies as they exist should have been debated.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
Passing unread bills in the middle of the night! For or against the end product, for or against this President. This is the kind of politics that should frighten everyone! The Republicans just ran the dumbest campaign I've seen. Instead of cutting each other up an empty podium (or full if President Obama wished to attend) should have been present, and the policies as they exist should have been debated.
Mostly for unless the Republicans manage to block passage.

A government run by 'we the people' for the people and by the people is long gone, replaced by a government run for individual gain and agendas.

One thing that really upsets me is the media is really the only source of information and they should report that in an unbiased manner, which, they can't seem to do.

July 27 is the day Hilliary and Barak sign the treaty in New York at the UN building. If ratified by the Senate the treaty's language will supercede the Second Amendment and that's the end of the fun with guns, basically any venue catering to the sport (like this forum), the over counter sales of ammunition, the list goes on.....

We will be like Germany where the military and the police have the guns and the citizens can have ONE sporting firearm after wading through a mountain of paperwork and government scrunity. One long gun. No pistols and no assualt type (I hate that terminology) weapon like an AR.

Sounds like fun don't it???

I find it amazing that this is all being done in the name of "doing what is best for the people".......
Old 07-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
I have a thread running concurrently on this sub forum about the proposed UN arms treaty.

Mr. Obama and Ms. Clinton are poised to sign on, on July 27th. If ratified by Congress, this forum and many others will cease to exist because firearm ownership by citizens will become illegal and the Second Amendment as it pertains to an indiviruals roght to bear arms will no longer apply.

What hapopened to Kelly MAcMillan is childs play compared to what is about to occur.

Mr. Obama has been very low key about gun control, even though he is adamately against citizens owning firearms (as evidenced by his appointment of Erik Holder as AG and his friendship with Rahm Emanuel).

The UN treaty will give him the power to remove firearms from the public under the guise of the United Nations.

How convenient.
I am completely convinced that the “Fast and Furious” scheme was an attempt to poison the well against firearm dealers and set the stage for more stringent laws regarding the purchase of said (i.e. The same strategy proposed in dealing with coal-fired power plants: Oh yeah, you can build your plant, if only you could afford the permits, regulations, restrictions, etc.). The one fly in the ointment (for the Obama administration) is that the plan blew up in their faces and our people were killed.

The tactics are always the same for the committed left, only the venue changes.
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter can not be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

Col. Jeff Cooper
Old 07-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member

A large part of the population today has adopted a 'head in the sand' attitude concerning anything political.

It's easy to understand why/ We are living in very unstable times both from a government standpoint and a financial one. Many People are more concerned with just paying the mortgage, affording gas for the jalopy and putting some wholesome food on the table and not worrying about 'what if'.

People need to understand that what transpires on the Beltway today, directly impacts them in 3 months or 5 months or a year or more (like Obamacare for instance).

They need to realize that sweetheart deals and political manuvering as well as politicians that don't have their constitutients best interests in mind will have a direct and negative impact on those people (with heads in sand) at some point.

Better to be pro-active than reactive.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member

Don't think the UN Arms Treaty has a chance in hell of getting ratified by Congress. Not a single Democrat in the Western half of the country would ever get re-elected. They value their useless jobs too much.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 07-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Don't think the UN Arms Treaty has a chance in hell of getting ratified by Congress. Not a single Democrat in the Western half of the country would ever get re-elected. They value their useless jobs too much.
I sincerely hope so.

Forcing me to turn in my firearms under a UN treaty agreement and trash my Second Amendment rights would most likely put me in the newspaper, on the front page.....

The telling thing about this and the Obama care fiasco is just how far a President will go to effectuate his (or her) agenda if, in fact, is popular or not or if it is what the people want.....

Let us all hope that the next 4 years will be Obamaless. Like 4 years ago, he's making promises and pie-in-the-sky claims that can't be substantiated nor will they ever come to fruition. Hopefully, the majority of voters can recognize a repeat performance built on smoke and mirrors.

Fingers crossed here.

Candidly, I don't believe we can take another 4 years, economy wise, let alone inane legislation.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member

Looks like the UN Arms Treaty is a dead duck! Just got an NRA-ILA flash. 51 Senators sent a petition to Obama stating anything effecting the 2nd Amendment would not pass.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt