Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

A $50 permit? To buy ammo?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member

Re: A $50 permit? To buy ammo?!

California should tax "retartedness" and then they could pay off their giant public debt and balance their budget all in one year. Of course, their legislators would be the ones most impacted so I doubt they would ever vote it in...

I'm so f'n tired of all the end-arounds on gun control. Can't get an outright ban? Lets try "assault weapons"! Can't get that through congress? Lets go to the states! Unconstitutional?? Lets just tax the crap out of it! People buying out of state? Lets ban lead! Invent a computer gun that determines if your intentions are just before firing! (Howard Dean Style) aghhghghghg!!

Go arrest criminals, a-hole activists
Old 07-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Bronze Member

The scary thing is the libs are spreading out of that state like cancer. They have totally screwed that state and going to move on to others. Pretty sad
Old 07-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member

Just more condensed on the West and East Coasts. Interior people are more conservative.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:56 PM
Silver Member

Illinois is just as bad. Had a friend who does a lot of clays shooting live there for a bit and he went to go buy some shotgun shells for a Sporting Clays tournament up in the Twin Cities and they told him you needed a FOID card to buy. What a joke.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Platinum Member

At least law abiding firearm owners (with the legal backing of the NRA) are making serious progress in overturning draconian laws in Illinois, I will say that.

California is another story. I see Janet Napolitano is resigning as a failed politician and going to California as head of the California Universities something or other.

Janet's plank was to right the immigration morass and all she did was make it worse.

Politicians, like Obama are all hot air. In fact, Obama should harness his hot air to energize wind turbines......