Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

1 Rifle to rule them all

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 1 Rifle to rule them all

It would be my 300 Rem 700 Milspec.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 12-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Platinum Member

In times of civil strife or disobedience that TRG is about as useful as a flat tire. By the time you racked a shell ito it and lined up, you'd have 20 rounds from a gas gun permeating your forehead. Dang hard to see in a scope when your brains are running in your eyes.....

A little known fact, but true is AR platforms are touchy about being clean, About 60 rounds of questionablt orign ammunition and things start to get dicey.

Conversely, my Mini or an AK or an SKS cares less about cleaning the action. In fact, other than an ocassional douche with brake cleaner, you never have to clean the action and the barrel is a qucik trip- with a boresnake.

I look at an AR platform is sort of an extension of the male sex organ or to make up for the lack of one of substance.......

Reality is, there is really no need for that 'go to firearm in 99% of the population, pro firearm or not.

When the end comes, if it comes, you won't know it until it bites you in the ass anyway.

Better to support oragnizations like the NRA, write your Senator and Congressman and don't vote in any candidate that don't support the Second Amendment.

As was stated previously, one man armies don't last very long and always keep in mind that if you shoot at someone, chances are, they will shoot back.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:40 AM
Gold Member

Sidecarflip...a one man army is better than a no man army. I'll go down swinging! Yes, and AK would be the perfect zombie slayer (the only way civil unrest would occur). Lol
Old 12-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
In times of civil strife or disobedience that TRG is about as useful as a flat tire. By the time you racked a shell ito it and lined up, you'd have 20 rounds from a gas gun permeating your forehead.
What if he plans on having gas guns backing him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
As was stated previously, one man armies don't last very long and always keep in mind that if you shoot at someone, chances are, they will shoot back.
Obviously; which is why I've planned on having like minded people with me. At least one member of the group will be equipped with a long range scoped rifle.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 12-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member

My tinfoil hat is on the coatrack.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Platinum Member

Flip, if the gas gunners are at 600+ yards, it is HIGHLY unlikely that you will get hit. "Herded", yes. 55gr pills out a 16" barrel only goes so far.... Even the lightest armor will defeat 55gr FMJ. Most gas gunners do not have ANY experience shooting that kind of range and the ballistics of the bullet are not in their favor.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member

I'll play on this. If I only had one rifle and didn't have time to grab anything but a couple of boxes of ammo and head to the hills I'd grab my 375h@h. She's plenty accurate, light enough to carry all day (8# scoped and loaded) and anything I tag with it is going down first shot.
An ar is great, but you really don't have much horsepower. My stw would be a hell of a long range engagement rifle, but the overbore calibers need cleaning every couple of boxes to maintain performance. The cleaning needs rule out most of my rifles save for my 375h@h, 405win, and 338win as a survival round. For eats only (no hostile needs) a 10-22 or tc hot shot 22lr would be about perfect. I can shoot a rabbit sized critter in the head with my 375, so it'll feed me just fine too though.