Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Cooks' Corner

Venson Jerky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Silver Member

Venson Jerky

I keep forgetting to shair this recepie with you guys . This is the best Jerky you will ever test. I like to freeze my deer meat so it cuts in the slicer ez. Cut the slices about 1/8' thick. This recipie will do about 4lbs of frozen meat. Try to cut the meat with the grain. OK heres my receripie.
Mix this stuff in a big enough bowl
10oz woistershire sauce
4oz liquid smoke
2oz soy sauce
1tbl spoon garlic salt
1tbl spoon black pepper
1tbl spoon ketchup
Take this mix and layer the cut meat in a bigger bowl and add more mix then add more meat ect.
marinate for 24 hrs in ref
Take ea piece of meat and place on a shelf in the dehidrador with a small space between each piece. Sprinkle with blk pepper to taste. Cook on high until chrispy or until cooked. I like mine chrispy done. Warrning::: The smell of this recipie is incredable:::
Enjoy, Bill Maylor..
Old 08-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Silver Member

Re: Venson Jerky

OK , Meat is defrosting as we speak. Sounds good . I've been using three cups soy one cup brown sugar , simple but effective

Thanks for posting this ,
Mike

Last edited by mkg; 08-24-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: can't spell.... phonics
Old 08-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maylor View Post
I keep forgetting to shair this recepie with you guys . This is the best Jerky you will ever test. I like to freeze my deer meat so it cuts in the slicer ez. Cut the slices about 1/8' thick. This recipie will do about 4lbs of frozen meat. Try to cut the meat with the grain. OK heres my receripie.
Mix this stuff in a big enough bowl
10oz woistershire sauce
4oz liquid smoke
2oz soy sauce
1tbl spoon garlic salt
1tbl spoon black pepper
1tbl spoon ketchup
Take this mix and layer the cut meat in a bigger bowl and add more mix then add more meat ect.
marinate for 24 hrs in ref
Take ea piece of meat and place on a shelf in the dehidrador with a small space between each piece. Sprinkle with blk pepper to taste. Cook on high until chrispy or until cooked. I like mine chrispy done. Warrning::: The smell of this recipie is incredable:::
Enjoy, Bill Maylor..
Now I'm hungry

I'll try this as soon as I can bust me a little nanner head

BigBuck
Old 08-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Silver Member

Re: Venison Jerky

If you have a dog he or she will drive you crazy when you mix this stuff up. Get ready to DROOL. I have been making this stuff for a long time, I love it. I usually cut a whole deer for this jerky every year. Bill Maylor..
Old 08-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Silver Member

Well what do you think about my venson jerky recipie. I have been knowen to through a little cyrstal hot sauce in the mix. The tenderloins make the best venson chips for a snack during a football game. Back when I used to work I would take 5 -1gl bags full to work for the guys and by 10:00am there would not be any left on the job. I always thought they were taking it and hidden it in the truck. I tried that recipie on a steak, maranated it for about 4 hours, throughit on the grill, It tasted like CRAP. I wount wast anouther good piece of meat again, The dog loved it. Well I hope this jerky was good. Bill Maylor..
Old 10-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member

Bill, I have made jerky over the years with different recipes. This one sounds too good not to try. I've got to dig around in the freezer and see if we have any venison left.

Last year, we found a package of backstrap, dated 2004, in the bottom of the freezer. I pack everything in meal-sized portions in gallon ziplocks with enough water so that when I squeeze the air out and seal the ziplock, it ends up being a block of ice with meat in it.

Bottom line, the 5 year old package of venison was still good, with NO freezer burn and no off taste. Maybe I'll get lucky and find another lost package of venison. I'll try your recipe then. I've already got all of the ingredients rounded up.

Thanks for sharing. Tom

A big fast bullet will beat a little fast bullet every time
Old 11-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Silver Member

So, is there any takers out there? I know the first doe or 8pt I see when deer season open here in Florida on the 25th it will be JERKY time in this house... Bill Maylor..