Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Cooks' Corner

Best way to cook pheasant??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member

Best way to cook pheasant??

I'm looking to cook some pheasant tonight for dinner. I remember the last time I ate it, it was great. It was in a crock pot over rice and cream of chicken or mushroom soup. It was delicious. Problem is this, I dont know how to cook it, and the girl who cooked it last time isn't around anymore. Anyone got any ideas?? I got the whole breast and the legs. I would like to cook in the crockpot. Thanks for any help that comes along.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Gold Member

Re: Best way to cook pheasant??

You can cook in the crock pot or pressure cooker until it falls off the bone, then mix with gravy or cream of chicken soup. This goes great over potatoes or rice.

My favorite is to chunk the breasts into 1" cubes, roll in flour and s&p. Lightly pan fry until they are just short of done. Then put the pieces in a crock pot with a mixture of country gravy (white)and cream of mushroom soup. Simmer that about 4-6 hours in the crock pot........WOW it's good [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ENJOY!

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
RMEF Member
Old 04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Gold Member

I use a crock pot quite abit. Its pretty much idiot proof. Your receipe doesn't sound bad. Pour cream of something on it , season to taste. 8-10 hrs on low, 4-5 on high.......your livin' high. Let us know.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Silver Member

I cook them up pretty much like fried chicken. Pheasants aren't near as watery or tasteless as chicken, so they are great this way.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Bronze Member

I agree with the crock pot and cream of whatever soup added... plus, I like to add some garlic salt, chopped onion, bacon, sliced vegatables (carrots, potatoes, celery etc...), and lots of mushrooms!

It's a great way to cook ducks and geese too.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Platinum Member

Cool! Thanks for all the ideas guys, I appreciate it. I got her in the pot, with some cream of chicken w/mushrooms. Also threw some baby carrots in there as well. Only thing I added was some Johnny's seasoning salt, I love that stuff. Should have a pretty nice dinner tonight, we'll find out soon enough. Once again, thanks guys!
Old 12-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Silver Member

new idea

rem 25006

This is the best way to cook pheasant. Either get that girl back or find a new one.