Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Cooks' Corner

Antelope Tenderloin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Antelope Tenderloin

That JD had best be the Green Label stuff. If I remember right the Black Label is the stuff for sippin';)

In a fairly hot skillet w/only a little oil, I just quickly fry 'em. Outside is pretty well seared/sealed and center is pinkish. Seasoned only w/Salt and pepper.

The tenderloin and back strap cut with the bone in is pretty much a pork chop lookin thing. I like to clean the bones.;)

Steaks get a full treatment of Tony's or a heavy dose of garlic powder, red, black and white pepper. Its some kinda good.......
Old 10-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
Antelope tenderloins are so small and mushy that I just grind 'em.
That mushyness is called tenderness -- thus the name tenderloin! Most tender cut on the whole animal. Small, yes -- but excellent eating! But you have to keep the urine (and fecal matter ofcourse) off of it.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm76 View Post
That mushyness is called tenderness -- thus the name tenderloin! Most tender cut on the whole animal. Small, yes -- but excellent eating! But you have to keep the urine (and fecal matter ofcourse) off of it.
Thanks for clearing that up. I always wondered about that!

They are mushy and look half bloodshot. I don't like 'em. The backstraps and round steaks are tender enough to cut with a fork and I like them just fine.

Just the same, I hope the original question was answered. There are some good recipes on here

Last edited by cornstalker; 10-29-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Bronze Member

Man, you'all have got me in a heck of a mess with all these great recipes. Do you know how many times I am going to need to visit Wyoming to get enough antelope to try all these?????. Just something that I will have to cope with I guess. Ha Ha. Better start planning for next year. Please keep the recipes comming because they more than likely work on deer also. Till next time. Jim