Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Slow Twitch, Fast Twitch and Twitchless.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 07:35 PM

I'm a medium twitch kinda guy. If I can get the recliner foot rest up, and reach my coffee...what the hell!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D B Cooper View Post
I'm a medium twitch kinda guy. If I can get the recliner foot rest up, and reach my coffee...what the hell!!!
My kind of work out!
If you don't like logging, then try plastic toilet paper!
Coodinator Ore. Chpt. 4x4him.org
<><
Old 03-22-2008, 01:33 AM
Silver Member

Good subject, I have learned alot from you guys. I really had no idea what I was doing. I have been doing my stair climbing thing weather permiting, without the backpack this year. Also have been doing some chin ups. Guess I need to watch my diet a bit.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:31 AM

Training is essential for maximising your performance but eating the right food and the correct amount of food, will give you the energy needed for long days and sustained pace. As with any excercise program, diet is responsible for at least 70% of your results. Most folks think about eating "healthy" but pay no attention to the glycemic index of the food you are eating. Did you know, our favorite cheerios are only a few points away on the glycemic scale from refined sugar? The same for potatoes because of the starch that converts too quickly? This means cheerios is nearly useless for sustaining any energy level. Bran on the other hand, is very good and a sustainable food as are sweet potatoes.

Focusing on the glycemic index is not just for diabetics! Although, eating healthy and foods low in this index will go a long way for preventing diabetes and heart disease and give you great sustainable energy.

HTH's

Last edited by SRB; 03-22-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Bronze Member

You guys are right on point.

A lot of O2 consumption while lifting takes into account what groups are being worked. What was previously mentioned "some lifts can leave you winded with only a couple of repititions." Dead lift and squats do this because (not only what twitch) but the sheer size of the muscle groups being utilized. Bigger length and diameter muscles, bigger strain, = more O2 consumption.

Training also teaches the body what to do with energy or available energy, that is why distance runners can go for so long before "hitting the wall". They build up stores of glucose "I think as glucogen" then when the demand is there it goes through i think "glucogenesis or gluconeogenesis" where it is able to be used to create energy. I slept through krebs cycle in school but im sure someone here knows more about krebs cycle.

Great posts.