Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Sitka Gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Silver Member

Re: Sitka Gear

I just got back from my Achery Elk hunt back in MT. Let me tell you what a great time! I had my Sitka gear on head to toe and i wanted to give a report on the stuff.
I was using my 90% pant and jacket and the base layer stuff under that.
Overall i liked the gear alot.

Durability- Very good. I spent alot of time crawling around looking for blood, climbing over trees and fences and it doesnt look like it even left my house. A ratingfor durability.

Cold weather- One day a front came thru and it got down right chilly, in fact it snowed and the wind was blowing like a mutha. I know the 90% isnt for real cold weather but it did ok, Not great just ok. Wind protection was fair but if I was on the move and in the trees I was very comfy. So C+ for cold rating.

Warm weather- The rest of the time was warm, Mid 70s high. the vents on the coat were great and the underlayers were very breathable. B

Comfort- Very good. I put a ton of miles down and the gear was light and very easy to move in. Didnt slow me down a bit. I was very happy with that aspect.

All in all good gear and i think if you can get it for a reasonable price its worth it. In a bout a month I will be trying out the Celcius Sitka gear, i will report.