Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

rifle attachment?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 08:18 PM

rifle attachment?

Dumb question I quess,
I have a backpack with a frame, is there any type of attachment for holding your rifle while backpacking? or do I need to start looking for a new pack
Thanks
Old 05-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Silver Member

Re: rifle attachment?

Are you talking about with a shoulder sling?

SLINGSAVER from*DARK MOUNTAIN LLC. - Home

Or a pack with a built in scabbard like an Eberlestock?
Old 05-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Silver Member

And there is the Kifaru gunberaer. https://kifaru.net/gunbearer_hunt.html
Old 05-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Gold Member

Im going with the gun corral it was highly recommended on rokslide by one of the moderators. Gunslinger Corral, Home of the Compact Rifle Holster,RifleC,arrier and instead of the shoulder sling system he just uses a hose clamp wrapped with electrical tape on one of the load lifters and slides the barrel in it and then straps the but down.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Bronze Member

Pyrodux,Didn't you get a gun bearer with your timberline ?It takes a little while to get used to it but its nice to have easy access to your rifle during the hike in.
If you dont have one I think your young Sherpa will be able to carry for you in the next couple of years
Tim
Old 05-19-2012, 11:33 AM

I quess a scabbard to attach to my pack
Old 05-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Washington View Post
Pyrodux,Didn't you get a gun bearer with your timberline ?It takes a little while to get used to it but its nice to have easy access to your rifle during the hike in.
If you dont have one I think your young Sherpa will be able to carry for you in the next couple of years
Tim
I didnt get the gun bearer, I have been researching my options for awhile and settled on the gun corral. I was really set on the gunbearer thinking I would be able to run the barrel up a clamp on the loadlifter strap but the gun corral seems to actually strap the gun more securily to the pack. The guy I have been talking to doesnt even use a sling with his and just straps the gun behind him. I haven't recieved it but I hope it works well. And hopefully little guy will be packing some stuff around soon, at 3 years old Ill be happy if he walks at least half the time ;)