Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Redwing/Danner boot sizes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 02:48 AM

Redwing/Danner boot sizes?

Guys

With the Aussie dollar doing all right against the U.S I figure that it might be time to hit the Cabelas website and upgrade some of the stuff that I wear and use out in the bush. I like the look of the Danner Pronghorn boots but am a bit concerned over sizes. I currently wear an old pair of size 10 1/2 Redwing boots. Has anybody had experience with both these brands and any ideas on how they compare size wise? The country that I hunt is generally flat and rocky so I don't need boots designed for mountains or insulated ones. Mainly after a fair bit of leather as well, need to stop any snake fangs that I may stumble onto!!

Regards

Geo

Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Redwing/Danner boot sizes?

I can't vouch for a side-by-side comparison, but I have narrow feet and have owned several different danners over the years. I love the way they fit. They are the only boot I have ever worn on lomg hikes with no blisters right out of the box.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:07 AM

Re: Redwing/Danner boot sizes?

I'm a little late to the conversation but I can definitely vouch for the Danners. I'm on my second pair of Pronghorns. These are the old style not the ones with the large rubber covered toe which I don't like. The are light and comfortable. I got about 4 years out of my last pair with a lot of walking on concrete. I expect my new pair will last longer since I don't do much inside any more. I still have the first pair though and don't plan to throw them out.

I wear an 8.5 and the Danner's are true to size. I bought a size 9 this time around and it is a hair bigger just like it should be. I also picked up a pair of the DXT footbeds. Wow, what a difference they make. You won't be disappointed in the quality or comfort. The tread is a little aggressive and makes a better outdoors boot than anything but I have worn them as work boots as well.