Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Marmot Gazebo 4 season tent

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 06:43 AM
Platinum Member

Marmot Gazebo 4 season tent

There's one of these available locally. I've got an elk hunt planned next year and a trip to AK for Caribou and Moose the following year with a couple of friends.

This looks like a decent set up for two men and plenty of gear.

I'm thirty years out from my last real serious packing as a civilian and I know little of modern makers and products.

Do any of you have any experience with Marmot Gear and perhaps this particular model?
Old 12-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Marmot Gazebo 4 season tent

Wildrose, I have no experience with that particular tent but most of Marmot stuff is top notch. I've had lots of their gear and clothing over the years and never had a complaint other than expense. I looked up that tent model and I would say that if you could get it at a good price, go for it as it would serve you well. If your budget allows, Hilleberg would be a good choice. That would be my choice for a rough tough hunt.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 12-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Marmot Gazebo 4 season tent

Thanks, that helps. I'm not planning on winter hunts at 10,000ft in blizzard conditions so I think I might go with this one if I can get it bought right.

My brother and I and one friend though are planning a trip to AK and an elk hunt so I want the best quality I can afford.

I'm actually 2 years out from the hunt, unless I get lucky and draw for next season in which case I'll probably join Mario for a trip to NM.

Super light weight is not a big deal for me. Whatever I don't want to carry myself my horses certainly can LOL For what it costs to feed those damned things I make sure they earn it.