Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Looking for Good boots for a Mid Oct Elk hunt in Colorado?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Looking for Good boots for a Mid Oct Elk hunt in Colorado?

I probably should have posted on here that Dvor (Optics Planet) was running a helluva sale on Kennetrek's erlier this week but I didn't because Len sells them on this site (in his store) and I didn't want to impact any of his sales.

Just the proper thing to do.....
Old 06-30-2014, 06:44 PM
Bronze Member

Take a look at Lowa Tibet gtx, super quality made boot
Old 06-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Bronze Member

I actually bought the Meindl CABELA'S 400GM PERFEKT EXTREME. I had a ton of Cabela bucks and these boots feel amazing. They should work out fine . espically with the ankle support although that shouldn't be a big issue as I play hockey at least 3 times a week as a goalie so my ankles are pretty stout. Still walking on uneven ground and rockey slopes can present some unexpected strain without good boots. Thanks for all the input guys. Have a great season and enjoy the summer. Get out and shoot!!!
Old 07-19-2014, 08:20 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2footroper View Post
Ha Ha. You bow hunters are funny. Always running around the woods in your moccasins and loin clothes.
That is funny but.......I actually had a WY elk guide wear Muck boots a couple of years ago. It was cold, snowy, slippery and steep. It was three points touching the ground steep, sometimes four, and you wouldn't believe ( I wouldn't have) how well they performed. It was mind boggling how good they gripped the slippery mountain side. Now, obviously there is very little footbed and ankle support but damn......it still blew me away.
I have a pair of perfekt hikers, and just recently purchased some Kenetrek Hardscrabble's. But if you have strong ankles and want the ultimate in slippery rock traction, along with warmth and unparalleled breathability......might be a good economical backup.

Brent