Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Kifaru Universal Military Gun Bearer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:17 PM

Re: Kifaru Universal Military Gun Bearer

I have been using these since July 2005 and will not be without them, I have both regular and "Combat" types and prefer the latter. I have installed one on each pack I use and also have a Kifaru Siwash with one on and had a Longhunter Rendevous.

I have them on my Mystery Ranch NICE 6500 combo, NICE OK Crew Cab-Bivalve Lid combo, BDSB now called the Kodiak and Futura Deluxe and I just leave the rig on the packs, whether I carry a gun or not.

I do have spare top straps and I also use a top strap from "gun corral" that is bombproof and you need a light strap on your gun to use this. Google this, they are in Oregon and the two items paired work superbly well, especially with heavier rifles.

You could also rig a spare buckled safety strap for your gun by cutting down a Fastex-equipped sleeping bag strap and I did this before I found the Gun Corral rig.

The Gunbearer is a great invention, but, the first poster is right, they are slow to ship and do process your card at time of order, whether they can ship or not.....I am not too keen on this as Mystery Ranch and most other small outfits I have dealt with do not charge you until they actually ship....seems best to me.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Silver Member

Re: Kifaru Universal Military Gun Bearer

I've had one for about 8 years now and has never let me down until this year. It came off twice dropping my gun both times. This happened after I switched it to another pack. So maybe I installed it incorrectly or maybe the velcro is worn out? I've been meaning to call Kifaru about this.

Paul