Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Kifaru 4 man Tipi w/small stove

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Silver Member

Kifaru 4 man Tipi w/small stove

I'm looking at getting one of these set-ups for October-November backpack hunts in mountain states. There will only be 2 people using it but I figured that a 4 man would give extra space for keeping hunting gear dry. We would probably be looking at camping 2-3 miles past the end of the ATV trails.

Anyone tried this model, or any of their products and have any good or bad to say?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Kifaru 4 man Tipi w/small stove

Kifaru makes great gear,you wont be disappointed! If I were you I'd look real hard at the 6 man,thats what I have.You can stand up in it to pull your pants on and a small stove will still work
Tim
Old 12-14-2010, 04:52 PM

I've heard great things about all the kifaru products, but they are on the expensive side. If your looking for a cheeper version, check out the Golite Shangria-la 5. tons of space and i know i have seen people rig them with a wood burning stove. I just picked up the Shangra-la 3 for a two person ultra light backpacking setup. no complantes thus far.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Bronze Member

I don't know if you've already purchased, but I highly recommend this tent. It is a little heavy,but well worth it if you're staying a while and it is cold out. It weighs about 11 lbs. with the stove. We sleep two in it, and it works great. Lots of room to cook and spread out a little. Four men would be tight. One year we got snow and the other two hunters were in our tent mornings and evenings to warm up and cook. Worked great. Being able to dry off and warm up is a lifesaver and a hunt saver. Stove works amazingly well. The pole is very heavy duty, and I've often thought I could use a lighter pole, but haven't bothered. I'm a Ray Jardin fan of ultralight backpacking, but for winter hunts, this is worth the weight. I save weight on other items. If I'm spike camping for just one night in mild weather, I'll use my GoLite Lair. Kifari makes great gear, but it is heavy duty. the zippers on my Kifari will never fail. The price is steep, but this tent will probably last as long as I do.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member

If you want a floor, bug proof design and venting (helps keep single wall designs dryer), check out: www.wildsidesystems.com.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 01-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Bronze Member

This guy's tipi's look like a graet value www.seekoutside.com
Tim
Old 01-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the other sites, I will check them out. If I can get the same quality for less I am all for that. If I draw for Wyoming elk this year, I won't need one yet this fall. If not this might be the year to try a backpack trip somewhere. I sure like the idea of having a stove and not just a tent.