Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Help with my Eberlstock please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Bronze Member

Help with my Eberlstock please

Dear all

Just wanted to get some opinions from others who have an Eberlstock as I can't seem to get the hip belt low enough so that it is actually where it should be (resting on the hips).

For me it rides too high and so is above my hips.

I seem to have made every adjustment possible to lower it but it is still too high.

I am six foot tall so it's not as if I am a giant or anything. I have a Berghaus backpack for camping etc and there is plenty of adjustment to get the hip belt right, but on this Eberlstock I just can't seem to sort it.

Am I doing something wrong or have others experienced this exact same thing? What I mean is that is this a design error?

Just for info I have adjusted the straps and then the ladder type black fasteners which sort of hold the strap structure to the compartment areas (hope I have explained that ok).

Any feed back greatly recieved.

Thanks

JB
Old 09-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Help with my Eberlstock please

What model do you have?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Bronze Member

Hi there

It is the X1.

A guy on another forum said it is plain and simple - my back is too long for the pack.

I am thinking I am doing something wrong as I can't believe they would have designed it like this intentionally as as I say above I am a six footer but if the pack is fully adjusted they must have been designed for short people.

Do you know if the X1 is poorly designed? Or am I doing something wrong?

What I am after is some responses from people who have thought the exact same thing (if they have of course) as this would lead me to think it isn't me doing something wrong and it is actually the design.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Bronze Member

Before you get too excited, I would give the manufacturer a call. They have been very helpful in my experience.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Silver Member

x2 on contacting Eberlestock. Although my pack is different than yours (J107 Dragonfly) it seems to fit my well. I am 6'2".
Old 09-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Bronze Member

Yes thanks Fellas I did contact them by email and recieved a v prompt reply and followed the instructions in the email (again unless I am doing something wrong) but to no avail.

I will have a friend take a look too as maybe another set of eyes and brain might help but I am definitely maxed out on adjustment using the black ladder style webbing on the flat side which hugs your back.

Maybe I am doing something wrong with the straps.

Interesting your Dragon fly is A1 and you are 6'2".

Thanks again

If I get it sorted I will post an update.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Bronze Member

I have a J107. I have over a half-dozen other packs (I am a pack junky), and the J107 does ride differently (as in higher). I am also 6 ft tall. The pack is made to ride on the top of, but still on, your hip bones. It rides high when fitted properly,but I packed 92 lbs. 8.5 miles into Idaho last year with it and found it to be the most comfortable pack I have ever used.

Have you tried any packing with it? Is it uncomfortable or is it just that if rides higher than what you are used to?