Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Has anyone gotten back pack from here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member

Has anyone gotten back pack from here?

I found this site where the prices are very tempting. It looks like you have to order from Hong Kong. I never ordered anything from out of the USA and don't know how safe it would be to order this back pack for $49.00 plus shipping. How long would it take to be delivered from deliver date and how do you pay for it? Would it be safe using a VISA Card?

Backpack - Combo Gun Bag #033 CB

joseph
Old 06-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Has anyone gotten back pack from here?

30 day warranty only + If you get one with a defect it looks like you pay to ship it back to them and that would be overseas.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member

What I need to know if anyone had ordered from them and if they did how long did it take to be delivered.

Maybe I will have to be the guinea pig.

joseph
Old 06-14-2010, 07:53 AM
PUBLISHER

Their shipping estimator says $60 for quick delivery and $47 for 10 to 20 days. VISA would be safe.

Looks like a knockoff of the Eberlestock design. I held in my hands one of these, not made by this company necessarily but the quality was such that I decided not to carry them in my LRH Gear Shop. I thought they may last a couple of hard hunting season but maybe not much more than that. I decided to carry the real thing -- Eberlestock itself.

Repeat, my experience was not necessarily a pack made by or for this company. It's hard to say who really makes the overseas stuff. Some is good, some is not. At $49 it can't be very good in my opinion. But if your usage would be very light it may be a good buy for you and may last for many years.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 07-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Platinum Member

Well I ordered it on July 5 th. and it was delivered to my house on July 12. Yes the shipping was $47 for a total of $96. Looks very well made, all the interior is waterproof including the rifle stock cover. All the zippers are very large. There is plenty of padding for the small of your back and a lot of padding in between the rifle scabbard and your back. It even has a zipper at the barrel end to retrieve anything that might get down there. The color looks good for Wyoming.

Oh I almost forgot. I expected it to have a musty or rubber "smell", but it doesn't have any smell at all.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

joseph
Old 07-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member

Joseph, let us know how it works for you. Also what kind of warranty does it come with?
Old 07-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
Joseph, let us know how it works for you. Also what kind of warranty does it come with?
Looks like a 30 day warranty and you would have to ship it back to Hong Kong.

Anyway I think I did very well. It looks like it is without any flaws. My neighbor just got back From Iraq and he says it is exactly like they use. It will hold 150 pounds and a bolt action sniper rifle with scope and bipod attached. It looks like ones that cost $250 here with out the fancy camo printed on it.

This one looks exactly like the one I got: http://www.eberlestock.com/Gunslinger%20M%20Series.htm

joseph

Last edited by joseph; 07-15-2010 at 11:10 AM.