Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

good backpack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Bronze Member

good backpack

Im looking for a good day pack between 80 and 120 bucks. Specifically for my mulie hunt next month. Something to carry my gear and throw meat in when packing it out. I wont have to haul anything farther than a mile or two. Good back support is a must. Not worried about carrying to much stuff, im a bare bones type of guy. So nothing huge, just looking to spend my money wisely. What do you all suggest.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Silver Member

Re: good backpack

I hate to say it but there isn't anything quality or even servicable in that price range for your application. $180 is about the minimum.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Gold Member

Poney up the extra cash and get an Ebberlestock Dragonfly or the Just one. I have the Just one and the X1 my buddy has the dragonfly. They cost a little more but they are well worth the price. They are the most comfortable pack I have ever used even when hauling 60 +lbs.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Bronze Member

I know, I most likely will poney up just seeing if there are any value packs out there that will get the job done without breaking the bank. I have pretty much spent my bankroll on everything else getting ready for the hunt and I need a new pack and i'm trying to skimp a little if at all possible. Those Ebberlestock are nice packs.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Silver Member

I have an eberlestock J34 and love it. You might be able to find a used one if you watch the classifieds. They are worth the money.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Bronze Member

For a great day pack/hauler pack in your price range, take a look at the LL Bean Hunter's Carry All Pack. With the addition of a simple stuff sack you will have a backpack that will provide unmatched utility for the price. I've had mine loaded my down with 50lbs+ and it remains very comfortable to carry.

Hunter's Carryall Pack: Gear Bags at L.L.Bean
Old 10-15-2011, 02:02 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakor View Post
Poney up the extra cash and get an Ebberlestock Dragonfly or the Just one. I have the Just one and the X1 my buddy has the dragonfly. They cost a little more but they are well worth the price. They are the most comfortable pack I have ever used even when hauling 60 +lbs.
I have the eberlestock dragonfly also and with accessories it will do everything. If adjusted correctly and the right accessories are used it works great. Find a used one or just pony the money up. I have had and do have some mystery ranch packs and these are very comfortable but I think better suited to military applications. One of my mystery packs retails for $750 but I like the eberlestock for hunting better. Just my thoughts!