Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

footbed suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Silver Member

Re: footbed suggestions

I have the Lathrops insoles in a pair of Danner Pronghorns. Very comfortable. I replaced my Hanwag insoles with a better pair of Red Wing insoles. Much better...
Old 06-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Silver Member

thanks for all the input folks. sounds like everyone is on the same page on a few things:

the Hanwags are definitely lacking in the footbed dept

the Lathrop inserts are good but pricey

the Superfeets are good and not so pricey
Old 06-05-2012, 12:51 AM
Silver Member

Hope y'all are right. I ran out today and bought some Superfeet Orange insoles for my work boots. If they hold up to that, they are the real deal....
Old 01-07-2013, 10:17 PM

I've got a pair of the Superfeet insoles. I know everybody recommends them but they just don't work for me - just way too firm. I know everyone's feet are different but they are just not comfortable to me. I like many better including my Sole insoles much better. My favorites are Powerstep Pinnacles. Maybe they are slightly softer but stiff very supportive. I have others, including custom, but those are my favorite widely available. Powestep available on amazon reasonable prices as well.

I agree with others on the gel inserts and The Lathrop looked like dr scholl's or something. Didn't interest me at all for the price.

I'd agree that the Meindl insoles look like they would work well if they fit your boot. The Meindl's I've tried are too wide for my foot so I doubt I have a boot they'd work in. My custom insoles are partially cork and do work very well.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Bronze Member

+1 for Scot E. Miendl's Perfekt Hunter Insoles are . . . PERFEKT. They are a European fit, so wider toe box, but if they fit your boots, they are heaven. I think around $25. Make sure you ask for the cork . . . IMO they are much better than the Air Actives.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckytylr View Post
+1 for Scot E. Miendl's Perfekt Hunter Insoles are . . . PERFEKT. They are a European fit, so wider toe box, but if they fit your boots, they are heaven. I think around $25. Make sure you ask for the cork . . . IMO they are much better than the Air Actives.
Good to know....and not to be nit picky but in my personal experience I'd classify that maybe as more of a German fit instead of European. I have majority of Italian boots - at least 5 pairs and mine have a much narrower last than my experience fitting Meindl's. Makes me want to try one of the Meindl footbeds to see if they would work or could be trimmed.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Silver Member

put some Superfeet blues in the Hanwags, better than the ones that came with, still not great. Search continues as I have lots of miles left on these boots.

I will go try some of the Meindl's at Cabelas