Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Exercise for arthritic knees?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 09:42 PM

Re: Exercise for arthritic knees?

Very interesting Dave!

Having never heard of prolotherapy, I looked it up and it looks like the very thing for someone with knee problems.

Here is a link for common questions. Finding a doctor might present a challenge. I know that there have been times that I would not have minded driving a long way to get relief.

Twenty Common Prolotherapy Questions
Old 09-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Platinum Member

i checked it out for a year or more before i finally took the plunge. my right knee took a turn for the worse which is probably what makes people actually do something. insurance won't cover it but it doesn't cost much. most doctors charge a first visit consultation fee (75-125) and each injection is about 150-200 depending on the doctor. got my first treatment on july 3rd, another beginning of Aug and my knee is much better. again, i highly recommend it.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:50 PM

My doctor retired, why have to deal with OB, anyway, I'm going to see a new young sports/family doctor tomorrow and I'm going to see what he know about prolotherapy. Finding a doctor in my neck of the woods may be a challenge, not that there is any hurry. My glucosamine regimen seems to be doing good right now.
If my knees get bad again, I'll hunt for a prolo doctor.