Eberlestock users -- opinions...
For the last two years I have been using Cabela's Gun and Bow pack. Now it's ok, but I have two major problems with it:
1) The gun carry system is useless if you want to access your gun with any speed
2) I am very fit (5'10", 150-155lbs, 31" waist) and this pack will not adjust small enough so that more than very light loads ride on my waist. The pack rides down and kills my shoulders.
My curiosity was peaked by the posts on here about Eberlestock packs so I clicked on the ad link on this site. I must say I am impressed, from the descriptions at least. Initially, I am looking between the J107 and Black Widow. I'm going to list my priority features and would appreciate any advise from those with experience using these packs:
1) Must be adjustable to place the load on the hips of a 31" waist!!!
2) Have a detachable pack for dropping the load and going on fast stalks/scouting trips
3) Capable of packing out as much meat as I can physically handle (3000cu in or more internal)
4) Carry a Remington Sendero with 50mm Nikon tactical scope and tall (H?) Harris bipod attached
5) Able to carry a bow that is quickly accessible or able to do so with an accessory
6) Hydration bladder
7) Carry cold weather mummy bag
From appearances, both the J107 and Black Widow can meet these critera, although the Black Widow would need the added scabbard. However I have no familiarity with the scabbards on these packs and am concerned if the bipod must be detached. It kind of defeats the quick accessibility of the gun if I have to drop the pack, dig out the bipod and screw it on.
Thanks in advance...