Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Eberlestock Scabbards Need Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Bronze Member

Eberlestock Scabbards Need Info

I am looking at the J34 and the J107 Dragonfly.I have a 300 Rum with a Manners stock T5a.The rifle is 50"1/2 long with a Nightforce scope.My question is will it fit in the scabbards ok or will they be to short or to tight.Or do you know if you can change out the scabbard on them and use the J107m scabbard instead.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Eberlestock Scabbards Need Info

I have a 107 and it fits my 6.5 284 ok but it has a small scope an a 28" barrel. I doubt you will fit your gun in it. My lapua with leupold mark four wont even begin to fit in mine. But with that said it is the regulAr scabbard, The tactical scabbard is wide bt no longer, at least that's what they told me. Selling mine and the mystery ranch is getting a custom scabbard
Old 06-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine99 View Post
I have a 107 and it fits my 6.5 284 ok but it has a small scope an a 28" barrel. I doubt you will fit your gun in it. My lapua with leupold mark four wont even begin to fit in mine. But with that said it is the regulAr scabbard, The tactical scabbard is wide bt no longer, at least that's what they told me. Selling mine and the mystery ranch is getting a custom scabbard
If you buy the tactical pack you can get the bigger scabbard.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Bronze Member

So has anyone out there used the J107m pack with a tactical rifle.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:32 PM

I have only been packing my new 107 dragonfly for a few short months.I have a weatherbea 7-mm with a vortex scope.It fits nice and packs a lot better than any other pack but the turret hangs up if i try to pull it out while its on my back,mine is only a 28 inch barrel,also.JUST DONT DO LIKE THE GUY ON THE bOISE RIVER last month who tried to pull it out and shot his leg off....good luck!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJROSE View Post
I have only been packing my new 107 dragonfly for a few short months.I have a weatherbea 7-mm with a vortex scope.It fits nice and packs a lot better than any other pack but the turret hangs up if i try to pull it out while its on my back,mine is only a 28 inch barrel,also.JUST DONT DO LIKE THE GUY ON THE bOISE RIVER last month who tried to pull it out and shot his leg off....good luck!!!
Is your the J107m Dragonfly or just the J107 Dragonfly thank you guys for all your help.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:21 AM

I have the J34 and shoot a 338 RUM, standard stock and Nikon scope. It fits fine, just a little harder to get out of the scabbard with a longer barrel.