Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Cabelas Alaska hunter boots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 08:34 AM

Re: Cabelas Alaska hunter boots

They are great boots. I have taken them to BC for Mountain Goats. and second trip for mountain caribou and bear. Numerous Elk and Deer hunts. Not to mention my summer hiking trips to get me in shape for fall. I have never had a problem with them. Great support. Comfortable. You will not be disappointed. I've had mine for 6 years and they are still waterproof.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:12 PM

They are great boots, very comparable to Kennetrek. Hold up for years, very rugged. Feel strange like a ski boot at first, but keep the feet comfortable and reduce blisters.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Silver Member

I did a pile of research to replace my worn out mtn boots and tried the Kenetrek, but they did not fit my foot - too narrow here, to wide there. For the premium price, they also lack a true Goretex Liner and Vibram soles, both key features that the Meindl Alaska Hunters have, for less $$. But the key to whatever boot you get, they must fit excatly right within an hour or two. None of these boots break-in much or at all. For me the Alaska Hunters fit like a glove. So far I have about 80 miles on them and they are feeling and functioning as well as any boot I have used. Leaving on a solo sheep hunt with them on August 27th and have zero concerns.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Gold Member

I have MEINDL Alaskan boots fron Cabela's, they fit like a glove and I have never had a bad paire. I lost part of my rt foot in an Auto/Motorcycle accident in 79 and they have never damaged my Skin Graft. I would give them an A+ on fit, in the hills they are great also.
Winter my feet are toasty and in Summer they are just right.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member

Its all about the fit. If they don't fit you have wasted your money no matter how much you paid.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
Its all about the fit. If they don't fit you have wasted your money no matter how much you paid.
True, but you need a 3-4 solid boots for your fitting tests. IMO the Cabela's AK Hunter is worth adding to that list. I have had mine 3 years now. They have been worn hard and beat on and still feel great on the feet. Best of all they are the most waterproof leather boot I have ever owned. They can handle a load and are burly and stiff enough for hardcore mountain hunting.

Caveat: I added Green Superfeet and wear OR Crocodile Gaiters.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Gold Member

If you have a CABELA'S in your area stop in to the Bargain Cave...you can find new boots for 1/3 the price..