Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Boots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Gold Member

Re: Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ycreek View Post
Ah! Foot heaters. Like the ones that produce heat. Right? I was looking for some king of Thinsulate insoles. I wade in green timber duck hunting a lot and it's really hard to keep my toes warm. The sticky heater pouches really seem to get in the way. Googling "Full length heater insoles"
I think that you can get the full length insoles in most sporting goods stores. The pouch heaters don't work all that great in boots---they work okay in gloves. Some of the insoles last up to 8 hours and I swear by them. I always carry a set in my day pack as I HATE sitting but if I have to, I'll pull em out and put them inside the ole boot. Plus they work great if you ride a horse and are not moving much. And if you wear socks sleeping, you can actually put them between a thin and thick pair and have warm toasty feet.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 02-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
I think that you can get the full length insoles in most sporting goods stores. The pouch heaters don't work all that great in boots---they work okay in gloves. Some of the insoles last up to 8 hours and I swear by them. I always carry a set in my day pack as I HATE sitting but if I have to, I'll pull em out and put them inside the ole boot. Plus they work great if you ride a horse and are not moving much. And if you wear socks sleeping, you can actually put them between a thin and thick pair and have warm toasty feet.

Randy
Awesome!! How did i not know of these thing's existence? My feet are always cold.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 338 View Post
i need to look into these.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 AM

Danners the ones made in America not the overseas ones. I have put mine Thur hell,they breath nice don't get wet and are very light. I was a land surveyor for a about 8 years before the economy took a bump we did alot of DNR JOBS so I was in the woods every day thos boots never got wet and were very comfortable for years
Old 02-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Gold Member

The tip for foot warmers on horseback is appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Silver Member

Uninsulated Hanwag Alaskans and +1 on sole warmers for really cold. The Hanwags are at Lanthrop and sons.