Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Backpack Hunting

Backpack for a LOOOOONG rifle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Bronze Member

Backpack for a LOOOOONG rifle?

Hey guys ive just completed a 7stw build and its a has a B and C medalist stock with a 28" barrel. I was wondering what backpacks you guys are using to pack your long rifles in with. I would like to have barrel down do to the length of the rifle and also one that i can pack a slik 700dx tripod in also. It will be used more for day packing but also be under 6lbs. with hunting coues deer in az would be nice also to be able to stuff 100lb deer in also. alot to ask for. thanks fellas
Old 07-11-2014, 10:54 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Backpack for a LOOOOONG rifle?

I purchase an eberlestock x1. Now I'm not sure about getting your 100 lb deer in it unless you bone it out. Also haven't had it very long, so my experience with it is limited to around the house. I put my rifle in it and it has a 28 inch barrel including the muzzle break, with a harris bipod attached and a 50 mm scope. It seemed like it was going to be pretty good. I could even reach over my shoulder and pull the rifle out with out removing the pack from my back. Good luck
Old 07-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Bronze Member

ya im 28" plus a 2" muzzle break. my big thing is having to go under trees and such and beating the crap out of the stock or barrel. i am looking at the alpz transverse eps back packs. looks like it has enough space for my tripod and other things but the length for a rifle i think m8ight be limited plus its barrel up. anyone out their use that pack?
Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Silver Member

Eberlestock Gunslinger ll is what I use for my big 7. It will haul an Elk quarter or a complete Blacktail boned out. Has worked well for me and a few of my huntin' buddies.
Broughton fluted 5.75, 5c @ 28"
Graphite Black Cerakote
Jewell Trigger
GreyBull Precision Stock
180VLD's@3145fps. with 72.8grs. of H1000, 215m primer
Old 07-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Bronze Member

Do believe that eberlestock does make a cover for the stock.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:52 AM
Silver Member

Purchased an Eberlestock Elk Hunter, but have not had an opportunity to use it yet. The one thing I did notice is that the rifle can't go in stock first like I have heard with the Gunskinger II. Otherwise, it looks like a very well constructed pack.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moombaskier View Post
Eberlestock Gunslinger ll is what I use for my big 7. It will haul an Elk quarter or a complete Blacktail boned out. Has worked well for me and a few of my huntin' buddies.
I have an Eberlestock Gunslinger II also. It is a good pack that will haul a large rifle (I've put rifles with 26, 28 and 32" barrels in the pack - the 32" barrel makes the rifle stick way over your head though, but it is stable). The storage compartment of the pack will certainly carry a 100lb animal.