Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Outfitters - Long Range Friendly > Alaskan Game

Alaska Halibut fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Platinum Member

Alaska Halibut fishing

I know this is not hunting but everyone that goes hunting in alaska deserves to go on a good halibut fishing trip. I carried my son with Alaska Coastal Marine on their overnight trip. They go out and reach some spots day trips can't reach. You can only keep two halibut each day but more of the other fish you catch. We caught halibut continuously for the entire time we were out there. Our arms hurt, muscles hurt, we stayed up all night fishing, but it was more fun than I can imagine packed into two days. Here are some pictures. The decks were so full of halibut we could hardly walk we were catching them so fast. Here are some pictures.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:01 AM
Gold Member

Re: Alaska Halibut fishing

Good going plenty of great eating!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks Sniper2, Bridger had a blast fishing this summer. Look at the swap a hunt forum pictures. Bridger actually passed out on the boat from being so exhausted catching so many fish over a 24 hour period. We had to shake him in the bunk to get him to wake up when we got back to shore. He was one worn out boy. If you want to fix some up Christmas holidays we can bring some with us in the cooler. Phoebe got her vacation for two weeks or so during Christmas.

How is that 338-300 ultramag doing we built back in 1998? People ask me about how long barrels last in that chambering and I tell them I don't know of one ever being worn out. Mine still shoot good. I guess yours still kills stuff to. Since we have had them longer than anybody I guess we know they are about like the eveready batterries and just keep going and going.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Gold Member

Cool, bring some Halibut and we'll try it. .338/300 still shoots sub min. hope it continues for many more rounds!!! Will be great to see you folks!!!
Old 10-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Time Long Ranger View Post
I know this is not hunting but everyone that goes hunting in Alaska deserves to go on a good halibut fishing trip. I carried my son with Alaska Coastal Marine on their overnight trip. They go out and reach some spots day trips can't reach. You can only keep two halibut each day but more of the other fish you catch. We caught halibut continuously for the entire time we were out there. Our arms hurt, muscles hurt, we stayed up all night fishing, but it was more fun than I can imagine packed into two days. Here are some pictures. The decks were so full of halibut we could hardly walk we were catching them so fast.
LTLR,
Nice photos and sounds like a very enjoyable time for all.

You're having more fun than any one person should be allowed. Good for you!

Glad you are able to get out and enjoy the great outdoors, and that Alaska is included in your outdoor pursuits of fish and game too!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Platinum Member

Nice fishing trip!!!
What did you caught them with, what bait?
Old 10-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Platinum Member

Frozen Herring