Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shotguns And Shotgunning (NOT Slugs)

Trap shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Trap shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Moa View Post
I probably should have added i have a guy i will send the gun to for some work. I'll have the forcing cone lengthened, port the barrels, custom chokes, and and adjustable cone added. by the way i found another interesting gun but i dont know much about charles daly shotguns. It's a CHARLES DALY EMPIRE TRAP GRADE 12GA 30" BARREL is it worth using?
A waste of your $$$ Have the forcing cone reamed out "i.e. lengthened" and forget the rest of that crap. It wont improve anything. If you have enough $$ get the stock cut so you can raise the comb to suit YOU...not "Joe Average".

Daly's are much older guns. Might be worth shooting but I wouldnt put any $$ into it.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member

I have one of the Stoeger competition O/U's. Mine at least, is a manual safety. I've got about 3k rounds through this one & it's functioning well. My experience has been a roller coaster with the Stoeger. The gun itself is ok, nothing to brag about but they work. My uncle has a field grade Stoeger, both his & mine lost the little metal strip that fills the gap between the barrels (I have no idea what it's called). It looks as though they are silver soldered into place. I've put 1k rounds through mine came apart, but it still functions well.

t

Old 12-02-2012, 11:20 PM

If you truly mean to shoot trap as a game (as opposed to skeet or sporting clays or shooting trap as hunting prep) I recommend you get a dedicated gun. Based on your price range the Browning BT-99 (or the older BT-100) are just about within your reach... Take a look on Trapshooters.com and post a WTB thread.

Good luck!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Bronze Member

I might be to late but I love my stoger competion. Mine also has a manual safety