Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shotguns And Shotgunning (NOT Slugs)

need opinions on shotguns.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Bronze Member

need opinions on shotguns.

ok well ive been out of playing with shotguns for a while now and looking for suggestions. first off let me say this. i WILL NOT buy another remington product ever. i have bought 5 or 6 rem products in the past couple of years and have gotten rid of all but one. i have a 20ga youth model 870 express magnum that is as of this past Christmas 19yrs old. the gun is perfect i could not have asked for a better gun. it was the first gun that was ever bought for me so the gun does not get out much. i bought a 870 express 12ga 3 or 4 years ago and i can not point out one thing about it thats good much less half the quality of my older 20ga. the 12ga has a crooked vent rib the fit and finish of the entire gun is pathetic and overall its junk. i used to be a diehard rem fan then i had odd and end probs with my rifles from them then i started noticing probs with my friends guns (rifles and shotguns) then i got this last shotgun and now i will never be a rem fan again. im looking for a new line of shotguns basically. i like pumps mostly and semi's on occasion. i have owned a winchester 1300 in the past and loved the gun but i dont ever hear them talked about its like they just dont exist. im leaning more towards benelli or browning tho. anybody have any opinions on benelli or have any other suggestions?

Last edited by shuamee; 01-06-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Silver Member

Re: need opinions on shotguns.

Hey there, if your thinking semi auto either the Beretta extrema2, or the Vinci. If you stick with a pump there is only one super nova. I have the extrema2 and it is great, I do still love my super nova.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Silver Member

super nova +1
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 01-13-2013, 04:08 AM
Bronze Member

Vinci - feels light, and can shoot incredibly fast. Recoil in the field is almost unnoticeable.

Super Nova - never used

Nova - great gun

I've been really impressed with Benelli products over the past couple years.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member

As autos go, I don't think any of the numerous autos I have owned or shot can come close to my Benelli Black Eagle in terms of quality, reliability, balance, and simplicity of design. Cleans up in minutes, and never had a failure. Numerous shooting buddies have had the same experience with the Benneli. The inertia system is an excellent design. To me, this is the shotgun design equivalent to the AK 47 but with top quality, and shooting performance. Had a Wnchester 1300 along with 870's, Ithacas, etc. They were not bad but with the Winchester Model 12 as a reference point, they were soon sold.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 01-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Silver Member

lets just say this and save him alot of time...if it says benelli on it..its perfect...whether u want a pump or a semi...go with benelli. simply perfect
"...I shoot big cartridges, not because I am ego bound, not because they are needed to kill big game when well placed shots are made, but when an error is made, they will get you out of trouble more often then a lesser round."

--Kirby Allen
Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Silver Member

One more vote for Benelli. They have excellent customer service, not that you will need it. I carried an M1 super 90 on our entry team, now I have an M4. I bought a super black eagle when I was 17. I have since sold most of my shotguns and only use the super black eagle. Benelli rocks all the way.