Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shotguns And Shotgunning (NOT Slugs)

Experience with Winchester Defender

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 08:25 AM
Bronze Member

Experience with Winchester Defender

Hey Guys,

Brother in-law wants to purchase a Winchester Defender Pump Action 12 ga. I have a Winchester myself which has only given me problems thus I am not going to objective in my opinion.

He wants to use it for hunting and home defense.

Any comments will be appreciated.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:23 PM

Re: Experience with Winchester Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
Hey Guys,

Brother in-law wants to purchase a Winchester Defender Pump Action 12 ga. I have a Winchester myself which has only given me problems thus I am not going to objective in my opinion.

He wants to use it for hunting and home defense.

Any comments will be appreciated.
Jinx,
Bought a Winchester SXP Defender from a large gun dealer in Columbus, Ohio. Paid $279.00 on sale it retails at $350. Butt kickin Home defense SG. I mounted an ATI (Advanced Technologies International) Talon T2 replacement butt sock and forearm grip for $120. Mounted a Surefire 320 lumen light and a SightMark SM14003 Ultra Dual Shot Pro Red Dot scope with Lazer for $140. After approx 40 rounds of 00 Buck and standard reloads everything was still intacked. The zero on the Red Dot was right on. No miss fires or jams. I would hate to be on the receiving end of that 00 Buck. I would buy another SXP if I needed one. No probelms with this shotgun....
I rate it two thumbs up!