Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Shotguns And Shotgunning (NOT Slugs)

Browning Maxus VS. Benelli and Beretta

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Gold Member

Browning Maxus VS. Benelli and Beretta

I want a new shotgun. It was my first real year hunting waterfowl last year and i fell in love. I went out a few months back and shot the Beretta Extrema II and the Benelli SBE I and i loved those guns and i decided right there and then im going out and getting myself one. I have been doing some research to find out if i want the Beretta or the Benelli.

In the middle of the Research i ran across the new Browning Maxus. And i was impressed. I read a few things saying people preferred the newer, cheaper, less popular Maxus over the Beretta and Benelli. They say it cycles cleaner and faster, every load from the smallest 2 3/4 to the largest 3 1/2" shells better then the Beretta and Benelli, has the lightest recoil out of the three and is extremely clean and easy to use compared to any other gas operated shotguns before it.

So my question is, is what im reading about the Maxus true? is this shotgun any good at all, especially for the price compared to the other too? I know Brownings service is good! Would it be worth it to take a risk and try the Browning Maxus, or should i stick with the proven Benelli SBE II or Beretta Extrema II
Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Silver Member

Re: Browning Maxus VS. Benelli and Beretta

I would say go with the Beretta. I shoot one for duck and goose hunting. I shoot a Beretta 391 for sporting clays. I have shot it for 2 years and have a little over 25,000 rounds through it. I clean it every 1500 rounds and I have not had any problems with it at all.

Beretta semi autos have my vote forever!!

I have also had good luck with a Benelli I use to shoot. My Beretta has still been a better gun.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:19 PM

Re: Browning Maxus VS. Benelli and Beretta

Matt, I had the same problem of trying to decide which gun to buy. I went with the maxus and haven't regretted it yet. I tested it out with the lights loads to the heaviest loads and the recoil was minimum in all. It cycles great and is nice to carry if you have to walk a ways into a pond or your waterfowl area. One of the best features is the new forearm without the magazine cap, it makes field take down simple. I can completely take apart my gun in under a minute if i need to clean it in the field. I found that the maxus shot better than the other two also. Good luck with your search.

-Aaron