Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Photography > Gun Photos

My latest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Silver Member

My latest

Just finished this one up last night. It's a .260 Remington on an old Turk Mauser Action. Stock is actually laminated plywood that I made and coated with automotive autobody paint. Barrel is E.R. Shaw. Bottom metal I made out of aluminum stock and it accepts M1A magazines. Scope is a cheap BSA placeholder that I'm going to use until I can get some better glass on there.

Can't wait to see how she shoots!

First before;

And after;

Been working on this one since about the start of January, about 8 months.

Thanks All!

-PJS
Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member

Re: My latest

Hey! That's quite a face lift!!!

Gotta make you feel good!!

Very nifty!!1
Old 07-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member

WOAH!!! Thats realy the same rifle??! You did well, Very well!

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 07-29-2010, 06:06 PM
Gold Member

that's quite the make-over! awsome work!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Bronze Member

Since I like military firearms in their original configuration, I don't know whether to say that that is a neat transformation or to say Noooooooo!!!

On a separate note, how well does it shoot?

"The .30-06 is never a mistake" - Colonel Townsend Whelen
Old 07-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Silver Member

Thanks all for the kind words! This has been a long project and it feels good to have something that I can shoot at the end of it!

94 Win. I have to make a disclaimer that no original arms were harmed in the making of this rifle . I too am a big fan of military rifles in their original configuration. This one had not a single part that was matching and the barrel was badly pitted and the stock had been sanded by someone in a poor attempt at refinishing. I rescued this rifle from the "for sale" rack for $89.00 and did a thorough background check before I even considered a mod on it.

I haven't had a chance to fire it yet. I'm hoping to maybe get out Sunday but will definitely be out sometime next week.

Winmag. To be fair, the only things that weren't modified on this rifle were the firing pin and the ejector. I did work on the receiver and bolt body and that rounds out the original parts.

Roy. I can't believe how it came out and I can't express how good it made me feel! Never expected it to be near that good
Old 07-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406pat View Post
Thanks all for the kind words! This has been a long project and it feels good to have something that I can shoot at the end of it!

94 Win. I have to make a disclaimer that no original arms were harmed in the making of this rifle . I too am a big fan of military rifles in their original configuration. This one had not a single part that was matching and the barrel was badly pitted and the stock had been sanded by someone in a poor attempt at refinishing. I rescued this rifle from the "for sale" rack for $89.00 and did a thorough background check before I even considered a mod on it.

I haven't had a chance to fire it yet. I'm hoping to maybe get out Sunday but will definitely be out sometime next week.

Winmag. To be fair, the only things that weren't modified on this rifle were the firing pin and the ejector. I did work on the receiver and bolt body and that rounds out the original parts.

Roy. I can't believe how it came out and I can't express how good it made me feel! Never expected it to be near that good
My hat's off to ya. That ol rifle took on a whole new attitude with its face lift.
No more '' I think I can, I think I can'' now it looks more like ''Try and stop me!'' Pretty cool man.
I like most rifles in theyre origional condition as well. But when one wont shoot accurately any longer, its time to go at it like that squirl from the ice age movie franticly goes after that nut I think his name was Scrat. Hmm, nick name?
NO OFFENCE MEANT at all. Im just playin with the nick name thing. Seeing the total and complete transformation of a rifle like that just made me think of someone working feverishly on thier passion. (like Scrat in the Ice age movie) And it rhymes with 406pat...........

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"