The weather was finally decent enough to go shooting, 75 degrees infact (and yes i did get sunburned
). I did the shoot and clean 10 times and i wasnt making a whole lot of progress on the cleaning. I then did shoot 5 and clean (3 times) and it really started to improve in cleaning time, then 15 shots and clean (twice) and it was cleaning up pretty good. Four, 3 minute soaks with Bore tech CU+2 and she was clean by the end. I used a mild load of 50 grains of H4350 (please dont come and steal any
, and i should hit pressure around 54 grain FYI ) with the 162 grain amaxs that i threw together and it was shooting about .75 moa with the 5 shot groups and about 1.75 MOA groups with the 15 shot groups from a shaky bench , being fatigued from being in the sun all day, and 10-20 mph wind. The loads were running about 2730 fps the first few shots then the wind picked up to about 20 mph and knocked the chrony over.... twice, then i was able to get it stand and not fall over (i told it to stay there in a soft soothing voice
) and it went to about 2670 fps average at the last 15 rounds.
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom
Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755