Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Photography > Gun Photos

My 260 by MCR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: My 260 by MCR

How many rounds do you have down the pipe of the 260 now? Great story. I want to get out and do some prairie dog hunting some day. Sounds like fun.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 06-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
How many rounds do you have down the pipe of the 260 now? Great story. I want to get out and do some prairie dog hunting some day. Sounds like fun.
Round count has to be around 1500 at this point and still going strong. Have a tactical match coming up this weekend. Will pound ~50 rounds down the barrel in the process.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebark View Post
Round count has to be around 1500 at this point and still going strong. Have a tactical match coming up this weekend. Will pound ~50 rounds down the barrel in the process.
Noticed throat erosion yet?
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 06-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Noticed throat erosion yet?
Without a bore scope I cannot say. Based on accuracy, any erosion has not yet had an effect.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Without a bore scope I cannot say. Based on accuracy, any erosion has not yet had an effect.
Beginning to have some concern that the barrel on this rig is at the beginning of the end. This summer this rifle has been in five tactical matches (~300 rounds for a total round count of ~1800). Each of these matches has been a real pounding on the barrel with each match having more than one stage with 5 to 10 rounds fired in quick succession.

Recently took the rifle out to verify its zero at 100 yards and it shot just under .75moa. Shooting was a bit rushed as I didn't have a lot of time. I can only hope that being rushed caused me to not shoot my best.

This coming weekend going to shoot another tactical match with an expected round count of 150+ rounds over three days. When I get back, will conduct some serious 100 yard testing.

Anticipating the worst, going to be ordering a new barrel now.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Beginning to have some concern that the barrel on this rig is at the beginning of the end. This summer this rifle has been in five tactical matches (~300 rounds for a total round count of ~1800). Each of these matches has been a real pounding on the barrel with each match having more than one stage with 5 to 10 rounds fired in quick succession.

Recently took the rifle out to verify its zero at 100 yards and it shot just under .75moa. Shooting was a bit rushed as I didn't have a lot of time. I can only hope that being rushed caused me to not shoot my best.

This coming weekend going to shoot another tactical match with an expected round count of 150+ rounds over three days. When I get back, will conduct some serious 100 yard testing.

Anticipating the worst, going to be ordering a new barrel now.
What's your estimated total round count in the rifle to date?

Old 09-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
What's your estimated total round count in the rifle to date?
1500 to 1600 right now. This rifle has taken a beating in match shooting.