Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Photography > Gun Photos

A few MORE guns. . .(revised, added more stuff)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Bronze Member

I just did my first bedding job, and though i think that it turned out ok, I have to ask: how the heck do you keep your lines so clean? That is a bee-ee-a-utiful job!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Platinum Member

He cheats , just kiddin Chad

I forgot your a Marine , we call that "improvise , adapt and overcome" not cheating
Old 07-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Silver Member

Great looking rifle- I like the shroud a lot too. CHad, where did you get the tool box?

Ken
Old 07-30-2008, 05:43 AM
Gold Member

Ok, a few more guns.

The shroud is part of a fire control set up that I conjured up for Remingtons. A new striker and cocking piece is also required for it all to work. that and some additional machine work to the bolt. It's kind of a one way trip when you do this, but it makes the action feel a bit better when cycling.

The bedding process is three years of work. There's no real magic to it. Just attention to detail. The big "secret" is the pillar design. Just a different approach to make life much easier when bedding. The actions sit right on waterline and point straight down the stock. pretty cool.

Tool box is a Gerstner knockoff/copy. You can find them on Ebay for around a hundred bucks. A genuine Gerstner starts at about a thousand and just gets crazier from there. I'd rather spend the money on the tools instead.

Here's a couple additional photos. Finally got rid of the bug I think. Trojan Vundo is a pain in the neck to purge.

This is the bedding of my International Palma Rifle built on an English Walnut stock.

Here's the stock. The "Nesika" is inlaid in pewter.

Closer view of the back end. My proprietary adjustable cheekpiece. Bronze bushed, hone pin bores, clicker thumbwheel matched to the rear sight, quick detach without losing the height adjustment.

My all steel ladder sight. 4140 chromoly and heat treated to 35HRC. True 5MOA increments based off the gun's sight radius.

More to follow. . .

Here's an example of installed floor metal on a finished rifle.

Here's what it looks like out of a stock. Notice what it doesn't have. (Bedding oozing all over the inside.) It's a true one to one machined fit.

Thanks for the interest.

~NC
Old 08-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Silver Member

Chad,
very very nice work,thanks for the pix's. regards jjmp
Old 08-03-2008, 02:26 AM
Gold Member

Thanks for the comments.

This work will be for sale come fall. Doing my derndest to get my shop started then.

LongRifles, Inc.

Cheers,

~NC