Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Photography > Gun Photos

DE 338 EDGE - for Down Under Hunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member

Nice work, Shawn.

I really need to drop in and see you on a trip to MT as I go right by you on I-90.

Could you tell me a bit more about the taper for this barrel? Is it as light as you'd care to go for, say, a 1200-1300 yard hunting rifle?

Thanks,

Jon

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 11-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Sponsor

It is a Hart 30" Sendero taper fluted. They have in the 6 or 7 I have built like this, shoot very well. The rifle without optics weighs 9.4 lbs. The only down side to this is heavier guns don't always shoot better, but are usually easier to shoot. Heavier rifles are easier to sdpot your own hits with. With that being said the thing this rifle will do the most is be carried. So for a rifle to drag about, still have serious long range legs this is in my opinion the best option. If you are more of a short pack, static position hunter a heavier rifle may be more to your liking.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 11-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Platinum Member

Very Nice Rig............
Old 11-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Gold Member

Hey Down Under, I've still got a couple of deer tags, if you'd like I'd break that bad boy in for you

Old 11-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock View Post
It is a Hart 30" Sendero taper fluted. They have in the 6 or 7 I have built like this, shoot very well. The rifle without optics weighs 9.4 lbs. The only down side to this is heavier guns don't always shoot better, but are usually easier to shoot. Heavier rifles are easier to sdpot your own hits with. With that being said the thing this rifle will do the most is be carried. So for a rifle to drag about, still have serious long range legs this is in my opinion the best option. If you are more of a short pack, static position hunter a heavier rifle may be more to your liking.
Thanks. That's what I was wondering about. Seemed like a pretty good combination for a carry rifle. I'll have to stop by with a rifle or two and chamber reamer sometime.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 11-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Gold Member

Gamedog,

I appreciate your very generous offer !, however.. Its has to put some backsteaks in my freezer before this month is out. I'm glad you like the gun. I'll keep you posted on its performance, not that I have anything to worry about when the gun will shoot well inside the inch box with 3 shots at 300 yards with the 300 smk. I hope I can hold it as steady as Mr Carlock !
Old 11-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Platinum Member

Nice! Even looks like a hunting rifle ( many here dont ). What's the .338 edge ammo look like and whats your website so I can research it a little more. I bet the 30"bbl reches out there. Nice!

NRA Life Member