Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Photography > Gun Photos

300 Jazz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Silver Member

Re: 300 Jazz

Sweet looking rig.....and what a shooter.
What advantages does the 30 degree shoulder on your Jazz amount too over the standard 300 Noma?

Brent
Old 05-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Platinum Member

Bismarck

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran
Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF View Post
Sweet looking rig.....and what a shooter.
What advantages does the 30 degree shoulder on your Jazz amount too over the standard 300 Noma?

Brent
About 200 fps.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member

Besides the extra velocity improving a case will help with accuracy if done properly.

Here is what I have been taught on improved cartridges. When you blow out a case you have the ability to create the perfect neck/shoulder junction which is the funnel. Use a expander mandrel to put all the inconsistencies on the outside of the neck. Clean up the neck with a quality neck turner. And then fireform the case. Your old neck shoulder junction will be in the body which doesn't hurt anything, and your shoulder/neck junction will be now where you cleaned your neck. Consistent size. I have been at benchrest for about a year and I have cut my average groups in half. Might be worth a look if you are after accuracy.

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran
Old 05-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipelt View Post
Besides the extra velocity improving a case will help with accuracy if done properly.

Here is what I have been taught on improved cartridges. When you blow out a case you have the ability to create the perfect neck/shoulder junction which is the funnel. Use a expander mandrel to put all the inconsistencies on the outside of the neck. Clean up the neck with a quality neck turner. And then fireform the case. Your old neck shoulder junction will be in the body which doesn't hurt anything, and your shoulder/neck junction will be now where you cleaned your neck. Consistent size. I have been at benchrest for about a year and I have cut my average groups in half. Might be worth a look if you are after accuracy.

Brent
Thanks for the advice. I would like to build a comp gun and shoot f class or 1K benchrest.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Silver Member

I got to stretch it out last weekend to 888 yards. The first picture is the first two shots at 650 yards and the second picture is the first two shots at 888 yards. This was the first time I have shot past 550 yards so my wind call was a little off. The wind was gusting from 10-20 mph. These are still my fire forming loads so I can't wait to work up some loads for it.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
300 Jazz-650-yards.jpg   300 Jazz-888-yards.jpg  

Old 05-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornhunter32 View Post
How do you like your 338 Norma's? I thought about doing a switch barrel.
I love them and mainly a elk hunter