260 built by SSG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Platinum Member

260 built by SSG

Old 11-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Silver Member

nice rifle

that is an amazing rifle. nate is building my 6x6.5x47 lapua.he is one of the best that i have seen. he did a great job on your rifle. let us know how it shoots....
Old 11-08-2007, 09:58 PM
SPONSOR

good lookin rig, i like that stock. I have got to get pics of my 270AM on the board. Nate did the bolt handle for me and i am gonna have him flute the bolt for me after season. He is a dang nice guy to talk to

have fun shootin that purty thing!!

steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 12-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Silver Member

A5L

I really like the stock. What cheek piece elevation system is that? I'm shipping my bolt to Nate on monday for fluting. It should be great.
wk
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who's face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt
Old 12-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Platinum Member

the cheek piece is made by Terry Cross who is a very respected shoot and builder in the tactical match circut. The desgine is very strong and very well made , its pretty easy to install with standrard hand tools as the mill doesen't like to cut the wood to well.
i had made several differany desgined adjustable comb pieces but the cost and quality of Terry's uint it just isin't worth the effort to make them anymore.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:31 AM
Silver Member

Is this thumbwheel adjustable, or does it use a wrench? Where can I buy the hardward? Thanks wk
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who's face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt
Old 12-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Platinum Member

Terry desgined this unit to be stronger and more reliable than any other out their. He deals with people that their precision rifles have lives that count on them and after hearing stories of snipers crawling tinto position and finding that their cheek piece was missing or way out of adjustment he desgined this one. When you build a tactical rifle generaly you use a better bottom metal like from badger or the like and those use 3/16 socket head screws for the action , so with this in mind he desgined heis comb piece to be adjustable with only a 3/16 allen to keep from having several wrenches.
These are the same adjustment pieces that Manners stocks are using in their tactical stocks.

Terry doesen't have a web page that I know of but if you call him and leave a message he will call you back quickley ,hes a very cool guy to do buisness with and apparently one hell of a rifle builder. His place is a couple hrs NW of me and have been thinking about running up their to meet with him and possible shoot in a couple matches that he goes to.