Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Photography > Trophy Photos

My little girl is now apart of the club!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Silver Member

My little girl is now apart of the club!

My 14 yr old daughter and I pulled a double on a late cow hunt this morning dropping two nice mature cows in the same field by 7:45am. She made a terrific shot with her little 7mm08 and a 120 Barnes TTsx. I on the other hand...well let's just say once I got on the ground I connected...if ya know what I mean. It was a great hunt, way too short, but memories were made and the good Lord gave us lots of grace. This makes all four of my daughters now harvesting elk. She also connected on a 4x5 whitetail buck and a nice whitetail doe earlier this fall so she really paid her way this year. So far since she turned 12 she has taken 3 nice bucks, two doe's, and this cow. All one shot kills.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
My little girl is now apart of the club!-joy-dads-elk-014.jpg   My little girl is now apart of the club!-joy-dads-elk-017.jpg  

My little girl is now apart of the club!-joy-dads-elk-019.jpg  
Old 12-11-2012, 05:30 AM
Silver Member

Re: My little girl is now apart of the club!

wow! Beautiful country, beautiful daughter, beautiful moments. God has truly blessed you. Enjoy it while you can. Good shooting and it sounds like your family has had an excellent year in the hunting harvest.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Silver Member

Congrats to you and your daughter! With all that meat you guys will not being going hungry anytime soon lol

Just out of curiousity, how old were your kids when you first started taking them hunting?

Win Model 70
7WSM
Work done by Jim See (Center Shot Rifles)

Old 12-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Silver Member

Thanks you guys. Brian, when the older kids were young I took them at like 7 and 8. But as each of them became teens I was able to take the younger one's earlier and we moved back to Idaho where it made it easier to take them as well. So Joy (the one in the pictures) and Cody who is my youngest both started going with me around 3. Here are pictures of my doe and my buck from 2 years ago when Cody was 4. He loves to go. He was sick this week so he was not able to go on our elk hunt, and boy was he sad! Here is a picture from 3 seasons ago with Joys first buck. I am putting together a 270WSM for her long range gun. Started load development already, so next year she will be ready for any LR opportunities.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
My little girl is now apart of the club!-dads-044.jpg   My little girl is now apart of the club!-sam_0309.jpg  

My little girl is now apart of the club!-sam_0280.jpg  
Old 12-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member

As far as those photos go----priceless.
And it looks like you had a really long pack out..............
Congrats!

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 12-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Silver Member

That is awesome! My boy turns 4 in 2 weeks and I was going to try and take him next year. He keeps telling my wife "Daddy's taking me hunting when I turn 5!"...she's not thrilled lol I didn't mean to hijack the thread, I just can't wait until I can take my boy with me and like to hear experiences from people who take their young ones with them.

Win Model 70
7WSM
Work done by Jim See (Center Shot Rifles)

Old 12-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Gold Member

Those are priceless photos. Like others I can't wait until my boys are old enough to go along. They are only 6mo. and 19mo. so I have a bit to wait and it's going to be a tough wait. Congratulations.