Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Photography > Trail Cameras And Photos

Fox climbing a tree????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Gold Member

Re: Fox climbing a tree????

well isn't he a sly one....
Old 10-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Silver Member

Your foxes look amazing in America, maybe I should use peanut butter even no I'm highly allergic to peanuts ( it was that bad that it kept me out of the army ) stick it on the tree and wait
Old 10-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_hunter View Post
Your foxes look amazing in America, maybe I should use peanut butter even no I'm highly allergic to peanuts ( it was that bad that it kept me out of the army ) stick it on the tree and wait
The grey ones like this one usually have a thicker, fuller coat. They are shorter and more closely resemble a feline. The reds are taller, but are usually pretty lanky. I hear the red ones cannot climb. They more closely resemble a canine. They are neat little creatures though. I used to watch the grey foxes at my home come out every evening to my bait. They would come out at about dusk. If there was any light left, they would just get a mouthful and go back to the woods in cover to eat it. As it grew darker outside they would be more brave and just stay there to eat.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Silver Member

We have red foxes here there a c#%t of a animal I hate them. We don't have grey foxes though. Are they simalar in the way they act the grey and reds?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_hunter View Post
We have red foxes here there a c#%t of a animal I hate them. We don't have grey foxes though. Are they simalar in the way they act the grey and reds?
From what I have seen the greys will come out a little easier and are not as elusive. The reds are pretty hard to see. I get trailcam pics in my yard of reds all the time, but I have never seen them like I have the greys.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Silver Member

Yes,they can climb.I remember seeing a whole family of grey fox in a big live oak tree.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Silver Member

As BignGreen stated it is common for them to climb. They will climb to escape danger and also to feed on tree fruit, as well as do a little surveying. The last one I saw in a tree was up about 30 ft.+ trying to figure out where a turkey hen (me) was. He stayed up there at least 30 min. just spying on things.