Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Top 10 Excuses Allowing You To Hunt Longer By Darrell Holland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Top 10 Excuses Allowing You To Hunt Longer By Darrell Holland

Quote:
For many hunters the time allotted for hunting is just too short. With busy work schedules and domestic duties at the home front, we find ourselves severely short changed in pursuit of our favorite hobby, Hunting!

For each of us, the dreadful circumstances are as different and unique as the individuals involved. A common denominator however does occur, one that we can all associate with. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Top 10 Excuses Allowing You To Hunt Longer, By Loop-Hole Louie, AKA Darrell Holland. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Top 10 Excuses Allowing You To Hunt Longer By Darrell Holland

Some of the best excuses I ever heard...but let me try to encourage you to use a little more offense instead of defense!!! I met my "significant other" on a online dating site, you know the kind where you tell a few lies about how good lookin' you are, how much money you have in the bank, what a great lover of endless cuddlin' you are and kissin' doesn't have to lead to sex and such ...you know, all THEM lies!!!
But instead I simply wrote: I don't run the streets or the bars, I don't chase all the women any more, I try to get to church ever once in awhile. I work hard every day and bring a good paycheck home on Friday! NOW BEFORE any of y'all go crazy typing... here's the down side! I'm a hunter! I don't mean I might like to go huntin' ever once in a while if you approve, I mean I'm gonna go huntin', or grooming foodplots, settin' tree stands or scouting whenever I have the chance and the mood strikes me!! And I'm not gonna take an earache for it! You can go too if you like! Now...the truck has two doors, you can get into either one of them, hell, you can even drive if you go where I tell you to! But the truck's leavin'!!! Any fine lady out there who can live with this, has most of her teeth and doesn't subscribe to the "7 lb a year weight gain is acceptable" please respond!
It shocked me to no end to see how many ladies out there appreciated the honesty! And I got a BEAUTIFUL huntin' partner out of the deal that has shown me a GREAT new use for a groundblind!
Old 09-07-2009, 03:13 AM
Gold Member

Some very funny stuff!
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 09-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Gold Member

Right on Longrifle.

I have taken my wife hunting also. That's when I eat better and sleep with a smile on my face. LOL