Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Teaching An Old Dog New Coyote Hunting Tricks By Justin Shireman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Silver Member

Re: Teaching An Old Dog New Coyote Hunting Tricks By Justin Shireman

Good read, thanks!

I'm fairly new to it, but learning w/ a friend who has some experience. One thing I'd modify on your statement about binos is that we take them with us, but only use them just before getting up and moving to another stand. Once in a while you'll be able to spot a yote hanging out in the sage brush, grass, etc., maybe 3-400 yards out. Some are quite leery, and won't come in close.
In my area they do hang at times mostly in the more "open country" type spots we hunt, and you won't see them in the cover w/out the binos. This only happens occasionally.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg View Post
Good read, thanks!

I'm fairly new to it, but learning w/ a friend who has some experience. One thing I'd modify on your statement about binos is that we take them with us, but only use them just before getting up and moving to another stand. Once in a while you'll be able to spot a yote hanging out in the sage brush, grass, etc., maybe 3-400 yards out. Some are quite leery, and won't come in close.
In my area they do hang at times mostly in the more "open country" type spots we hunt, and you won't see them in the cover w/out the binos. This only happens occasionally.
i thought that was exactly the point i was trying to make.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Silver Member

Oh...o.k....I read it with interruptions, my mistake. Thanks for writing it. The articles that this site has is one of the things I like about it.