Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Summer Prep for Winter Fur

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Summer Prep for Winter Fur

Quote:
The dog days of summer are not just for cleaning rifles and equipment. Although now is a great time to work on that sticky extractor or replace that old heavy factory trigger for the aftermarket trigger you've been wanting. Now is also the time to send that e-caller back to have the charging jack fixed and get the newest upgrades. Maybe you forgot you were going to reprogram your caller to put your most often used sounds up front in the sound list. Now is a good time to look at your overall set-up. Am I ready for a new set of rechargeable batteries and, speaking of that, how about an extra battery holder for the spares? What sound was hardest to master on your handcall? Spend some time working on that sound. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Summer Prep for Winter Fur , By Tim Titus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Summer Prep for Winter Fur

1) New partner through hunter safety-done.
2) NOS on speed dial-done.
3) ATV/Truck maintenance-done.
4) Big game draws-zilch.
5) Mandatory annual family visit scheduled pre-season-done.
6) Absentee ballot-done.
7) Rifles sighted-done.
8) Deciding which rifle-wishy washy.
9) Coyote practice targets-begun.
10) Air-conditioner on max to develop cold weather tolerance-done.

Actually we haven't had much use for AC this year. Your snowy picture did look inviting on one of our rare hot days. Save me a spot on you calendar!
Carl
Old 07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Summer Prep for Winter Fur

Unfortunately, I'm with you on #4 also--no tags. But, hey, they haven't taken my coyote and varmint tags away from me yet and there's No Off Season! Let me know when you're ready, Carl!
www.no-off-season.com

"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."