Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

The Skull As A Trophy By Troy Adams

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Administrator

The Skull As A Trophy By Troy Adams

Quote:
It seems like the cost of everything hunting related is going up. Ammunition, reloading products, and firearms have all increased significantly in the last two years. Not to be left out, the price of taxidermy has also become quite a bit more expensive. So what is a hunter to do if he wants to have something more than just a photograph as a memento of the hunt? Why not a skull or European mount? Having a skull professionally cleaned for display in one’s trophy room is a very economical alternative. Most skulls cost a fraction of what a shoulder or life-sized mount costs. A skull does not always have to be the alternative to taxidermy either. If one kills a bear or mountain lion the skull is often just as important as the mount. The other really nice thing about having a skull as a trophy is that it does not take up much roomRead More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, The Skull As A Trophy, By Troy Adams. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Gold Member

Re: The Skull As A Trophy By Troy Adams

That is a great article! I have boiled a few skulls with a buddy of mine and we stunk up about a two block radius for a few days... I might have to try the beetles this year.

Last edited by zuba; 10-11-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Platinum Member

Cool! I have also unsuccessfully tried this myself. The link appears to be bad to your web sate at the end of the article. Let me know when it's up so I can book mark you.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:18 PM
PUBLISHER

Quote:
The link appears to be bad to your web sate at the end of the article. Let me know when it's up so I can book mark you.
My bad, I don't have his site up yet. I have seen Troy's work in person...it is amazing!

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 10-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member

I don't doubt it at all. You do a very nice job with the vendor selection on this site. I'm not afraid to spend my $$ with any of them. I just wanted to book mark him so when I'm ready I'll be able to find him again.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Gold Member

i had a black bear skull cleaned with beatles. i wanted to use the skull for the mount, but was told that could no longer be done. i have it on the mantle at our camp and it looks very nice. is this something up to each taxidermist, or do some states have laws controlling that practice? mine was in pa.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:48 PM
SPONSOR

Yobuck, I don't understand your question. You wanted to use the skull as part of the mount or you wanted them to put the skull in your mount, as in use it for inside the head?