Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Setting Up Your Scope by Jerry Teo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Silver Member

thanks.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Setting Up Your Scope by Jerry Teo

hi jery
what numbers do you adjust in the ballistic program to get the drop charts to match the rifle?
bc would be best as it can very with speed wouldnt it.
cheers
Old 10-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Writers Guild

With the new BC's generated by Bryan Litz in his new book, programs can be made more accurate. JBM has amended to include BC's generated by Bryan.

You can manual adjust BC and velocity to try and get close but for some set ups, it is best just to adjust manually and make up your own drop card.

Jerry
Old 10-12-2009, 03:19 PM

Jerry, I searched but couldn't fine the answer to my question. I hope you can help.
I can't seem to get a clear sight pic. through my scope with my glass's on. It does not matter what scope I use. I can't run the focus in or out to clear it up. When I take the glass's off all is cool. Am I out of luck with glass's or is there a fix for this???
My vision is such that I can't see well enough with out the glass's. I also have lens implant(s) from cataract surgery. I think I'm toast !!
Thanks Dennis
Old 10-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Writers Guild

What you are describing is going to get all too common as we age and go blind.

The issue as you described is not the scope but your ability to focus on the image in the eyepiece. You can adjust the scope to work WITHOUT glasses so the diopter adj is well within your range of eyesight.

What is lacking is a pair of vision glasses that allow you to focus on the scope image.

Talk to your optometrist and show him a scope if he has no clue. You will likely need a bifocal where you use the 'close distance' part of the glasses to see the image in the scope.

Then you would use the reg. part of the lense for distance sight.

I think if you are far sighted this becomes a bigger problem then if you are near sighted.

Hope this helps and let us know what solution you were able to find. It will be very good info to have.

Jerry
Old 10-13-2009, 01:07 PM

Thanks Jerry, I do have a pair of glass's that has the by focal placed higher than normal. I think I'll try those out. I will up date you with the "cure for old eyes" when I find it. The suggestion by a fellow here about switching to a shotgun makes me want to cry. Or at least wine about it a lot.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:44 PM

great article i just bought a Nikon monarch 6 *16 *50 i will have to try this test to see if i got a good scope .Would never have thought of doing this on my own .