Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Passing on the Heritage: Youth Shooting Camp Part 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Silver Member

Re: Passing on the Heritage: Youth Shooting Camp Part 2

This is exactly what I wish I had when I was a kid and hope to have for my son when he is old enough. Sounds like a great time. Thanks for sharing
Old 08-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXshooter View Post
This is exactly what I wish I had when I was a kid and hope to have for my son when he is old enough. Sounds like a great time. Thanks for sharing
Yes we had an absolute blast! It was my pleasure to share the story... just make sure you take the time to make your own memories with your son because haeven knows they grow too darn fast!

How old is your boy and what part of Texas are you in? I am originally from just south of Dallas with family scattered all over I also travel back on occasion.

Pete
Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
Old 08-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Silver Member

My son is almost 3 and look forward to teaching him to shoot. originally I am from the very bottom of Texas but now live in the hill country just west of San Antonio
Old 08-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
I just went through Hunter Ed with a 10 y/o, and can't say enough about the good folks that put it on. For hands on I agree with keeping the targets interesting, and reactive. We're blessed with a good Junior rifle club here,
Here's something to reinforce what was learned in hunters ed. Washington State's April 17 YHEC a success

My 2 oldest kids have done this the past 2 years here in Wy and have loved it.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Bronze Member

Deer season has begun here! Here are the first couple deer the kids have harvested.

Kids Shooting Course Advice

I am headed out later this week with my older two boys followed by two of my students who have a non-hunter dad. This will be thier first deer hunt.... wish them luck!
Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."