Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Magazine Articles > Technical Articles - Discussion

Long Range Bowhunting By Lorenzo Young

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Long Range Bowhunting By Lorenzo Young

This is the thread for discussion of the article: Long Range Bowhunting By Lorenzo Young

Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article. The author will have this thread automatically notify him of posts so he can join the discussion.

Last edited by Len Backus; 08-24-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Bronze Member

Nice and informative article. I can't say that I personally agree with the long range aspect of bowhunting, but that is just me and is likely a product of where I hunt. To me the object is to see how close I can shoot the animal instead of how far away, but I do shoot for fun on targets out to 100 + yards so I know the archer is fully capable of doing it when things are in favor. They just aren't in favor often here. Anyways, just wanted to say nicely written article and look forward to reading some more. I have been a avid archer now for over 25 years and just absolutely love it. Currently a PSE Pro Field Staffer and Pro Staffer for Grim Reaper Broadheads.

Greg
Old 06-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member

Greg

Are you on the PSE forum?

Where is your shop????

Jim
Old 06-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Platinum Member

That was a really great article. I am planning on switching over to emphasize long range bowhunting after this season is over and it was just so good to have an article like this.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Platinum Member

Greg,
Nice to hear you enjoyed the article. Thanks for the compliments. I can certainly appreciate your point of view regarding long range bowhunting. I believe a lot of folks feal the same. Lots of things shape our ideas. Like you said, the area you hunt and live is often a factor, why you bowhunt, and what you were taught play a part too.

I sure love bowhunting too! Sounds like you've got a great job!

Jim,
Thanks! Looking forward to hearing about your hunting this year.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Bronze Member

buffalobob. Yes, I am on the PSE forum, but I actually don't post very often. The shop I am affiliated with is in Fort Smith, Arkansas. I live not too far from Nathan Brooks who is on the PSE Pro Staff as a competition shooter. If you follow PSE then you surely know of him. I got to shoot some local tournaments with him when he was still quite young and he was awesome all the way back then.

grit, it was a good article. Not just saying that. You write well with good information, and you mentioned my PSE XForce bow so that makes it even nicer Look forward to reading more.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Silver Member

long raneg BOWS

I liked reading this one. like your choise of bows I got a mathews ultra max if I were to buy a new 1 it would be a drenalin. been shooting for 19 years Ive had my share of so called bows get my drift. your so right buy the BEST.Ive been trying to figer out how far I can shoot so far 50 yards what do u all think is max for it. It is a 60#,29" draw,36"axle to axle,6 1/8 brace height, 248 fps through a crono, with a beman vibrake ics hunter 400 8.4 gpi, and a 100 gr muzzy mx 3 broad head ,I know me I will take a chance. as far as pro shops go look at schaffer performance archery jhon bulit his own rock solid drop away rest and sight. as always need more input. What brand release a (strap/bucke)l all ready got string saver on it